Chapter 1

Anakin

It's been a month but I still wake up expecting to find Padmé sleeping next to me. It's always a blissful couple of seconds before the lack of warmth next to me makes the pain come rushing back in. She's gone, I remind myself. She's gone and isn't coming back. I hadn't been able to prevent those awful nightmares of her death from becoming a reality. I would have perished along with her, would have joined her on the other side so we could continue being together but I had two very important reasons to stay. Two reasons that make the option of leaving completely unacceptable, two reasons that have become the only thing I live for. Two reasons that make me want to become the best version of myself I can be, that make me want to live a long life with them. Two reasons that are already stirring in the crib next to my bed but who are surprisingly not yet crying in their morning hunger. My little Luke & Leia. The two loves of my life.

Sighing I get up from the bed and make my way to the crib. I pick them up and proceed to change their diapers before heading to the living room. As I make my way there, carefully balancing my two young ones in my arms, the door bell rings. I place both Leia & Luke down on the crib I keep in the living room before heading to the door. Through the peephole I spot my old master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and next to him is a female Rodian holding a briefcase. I quickly make sure I look presentable before opening the door. I stand there for a moment before Obi-Wan holds his hand out and asks "How are you Anakin? I hope we aren't bothering you this early in the morning but we have some legal stuff to take care of. This is Marella Farr, a lawyer who wishes to speak to you."

I shake my old master's hand before shaking Farr's hand as well. "I figured this day would come sooner or later. Come in" I reply as I move to the side to let them in. They make their way into the living room. As I follow them in, Luke immediately begins crying so I walk to the crib to pick him up. He quiets down as I begin rocking him. "Please sit down" I nod to the couch "I'll be right back, I have to warm their bottles up."

"I can hold him or her if you'd like" Obi-Wan says nodding to Luke in my arms. "So you can warm the bottles easier"

I stare at him for a bit but not long enough for it to become awkward before I find myself nodding. "Thank you. That would be great actually. He's Luke by the way. He gets easily inpatient, especially when it comes to his food" I reply smiling. Obi-Wan walks to me before I hand him my son, carefully making sure he holds on to him right.

"Takes after his father I see" Obi-Wan chuckles as he stares down at my son. Luke miraculously stays quiet in Kenobi's arms. I find myself smiling as I make my way into the kitchen to warm up the milk. Figures that not only is Kenobi a great Jedi but he's also great with children. When I go back into the living room with two bottles at hand I find Obi-Wan standing next to the crib, staring down at my little Leia while rocking Luke in his arms. I can't help but find it adorable that my old master appears to have a weakness for babies.

Before I can stop myself, I find myself asking "Do you mind helping me out by giving Luke his bottle" I instantly regret it. I can and should do it myself. Before I can take my question back, Obi-Wan takes the bottle from my hand without hesitation and makes his way to the couch. I'm left standing there surprised before I bend down to pick Leia up and move to the couch as well. Once settled I finally ask "All right then, may I inquire the reason for this lovely visit?"

"Anakin" Obi-Wan answers looking at me "we're here because of Padmé. More specifically were here because of Padmé's will." I don't immediately respond, the only sounds in the room coming from Luke & Leia drinking their milk. A quiet buzz starts to fill my ears as I find myself nodding.

"I apologize for how long it took for us to deliver this to you Mr. Skywalker" Farr replies breaking the silence in the room "but some complications arose that needed to be settled before we could proceed with this process."