Chapter 6

Carly's POV

I felt bad for Zach.

After Carter left, I went up to talk to Zach and I saw him lying there; blankets covering his naked body as he looked up at the ceiling almost emotionally.

I went away for a few hours hoping he'd come out but he never did.

I couldn't sleep that night, wondering what happened between them two.

It bothered me so much until I finally decided to walk to his room and walk inside. He was still sitting there, in an emotionless state. He didn't even turn to look at me when I walked in.

I slowly sat beside him and put my hand on top of his bare arm.

It was around 4 A.M. at this time and he didn't look tired at all. He just looked broken or lost. I don't really know how to describe it.

"Zachy, what's wrong," I asked laying down beside him over the covers.

He didn't move, didn't say anything.

He didn't even blink.

I sighed and scooted in closer to him, "please tell me what happened Zach."

He slowly sighed, and then pulled me impossibly close to his body.
He looked down at me and whispered that he didn't know why he was over-reacting. And then he told me what happened.

"Me and Carter were doing some things after I came back in here from talking to you and afterwards, I asked him what this made us and he just said that I was his friend with benefits. And then he walked out, leaving me here questioning myself as a person. Questioning why I even began to give a piece of myself to him. But God when he even touched me, I felt so electrified and alive; it felt so right. What we did felt so indescribably right. I just wanted to stay like that forever with him. He made me feel right. I've never felt that way before Car," he said, falling limp into my arms.

He didn't cry though. Zach wasn't the type to cry; I've never seen him cry.

He just laid in my arms and held tightly onto me as I tried to figure out what to say until I attempted to mutter something out but failed.

He looked up at me and whispered, "you don't have to say anything. Just please sit here and hold me."

I nodded and kissed his forehead, as he fell asleep in my arms.

I still couldn't fall asleep though, now worried about Daniel.

I laid there for about an hour when I heard the front door open and I got out of bed with Zach and walked downstairs, seeing Daniel wobbling throughout the kitchen.

"What the hell are you doing Daniel," I whispered, trying not to wake the whole house up.

"Nothing baby," he slurred back as he walked over to me and tried to kiss me.

I pushed him away as I smelt the awful smell of alcohol on his lips.

"Let's get you to bed," I said more so to myself than him.

He followed me like a lost puppy, staggering up the stairs and through the halls.

We finally entered our room and I laid Daniel down on the bed, taking his shirt and jeans off, throwing them to the side.

He made flirtatious and sexual remarks as I did so but I kept pushing him off anytime he tried to touch me.

He finally gave up and fell asleep.

After about ten minutes of sitting there watching him, making sure he didn't do anything stupid if he woke up, I walked downstairs and grabbed a bottle of water and a container of ibuprofen.

I went back upstairs and sat it on the bedside table knowing Daniel would need it in the morning.

I also grabbed our trash can and placed it beside the bed.

Finally I sat in the chair across the room and watched him all night, thinking about what all had happened in the past day.

It was too much to handle sometimes; living with 5 boys, one being a guy who's in love with me but I don't feel the same way. And then another being my boyfriend who has anger and trust issues.

The only thing that keeps me sane on this house anymore is Jonah.

Sometimes Zach but a lot of the time he's a little too immature.

Sometimes I feel like the mom of the house, considering my moms gone a lot on business trips.

But I love these 5 boys and taking care of them, even if they drive me crazy.

Speaking of which... Daniel just woke up and he's vomiting into the trash can as I rub his back in a soothing manner.

He had tears at the brim of his eye rims which made me feel awful for some reason like I had caused all this.

After he got all of the alcohol out of his system, he reached for the ibuprofen and water as he took three of those.

He looked up at me sadly and broke down into my arms.

I rubbed his back and told him everything would be okay.

But he just kept sobbing and sobbing and I didn't know what to do.

I pulled him away from me gently and told him that I was right here and that I was sorry.

He nodded his head and hugged me once more.

Without saying a word he walked into the bathroom and about 3 minutes later, I heard the shower turn on.

I smiled sadly as I walked out and into Zach's bedroom where he was just now waking up.

"Hey Zach, how are you feeling," I asked.

And this was the start of the best day of my entire life.

Okay so there's literally over 100 reads on this book already and I have no idea why but okayyy...

I have no idea what I'm gonna write for next chapter oops.