Chapter 12

*flashback to 6 years ago*

ages;
Carly; 10
Jack; 10

Carly was sitting on the swing set at recess when a boy with brown hair came up to her and sat down in the swing beside hers, swinging back and forth slowly.

She smiled and looked over at him, but shyly looked away as he caught her gaze.

He chuckled and said a quick 'Hello my name is Jack, what about yours?"

She hid her face behind her curly, shoulder-length hair and looked down at the ground, "Carly."

He smiled and held out his hand for her to shake, "Well Carly, it's nice to meet you. How old are you?"

Carly looked up in disbelief that someone would actually wanna talk to her.

"9," she replied slowly, not sure of what was happening; scared that if she said one wrong thing; he'd leave her.

"Cool! I'm nine too," the boy replied, jumping up and holding his hand out to Carly for her to take.

She looked up at the boy, her eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

"Come on, let's go inside and eat," Jack whined, taking the girls hand and pulling her towards the school building.

She felt a surge of electricity flow through her arm and then through her whole body as he grabbed onto her hand.

She laughed as they walked through the hallways and to the lunch room where they sat down and ate a snack.

No one was in the lunch room with them as they ate and talked.

Barely though, considering Carly would just hide her face.

"You should come play with me after school," Jack said suddenly.

"L-like at your h-house," Carly asked, stuttering, becoming nervous.

"Yeah like at my house, we could play in my backyard. I have a really cool treehouse!"

"I'll ask my momma."

"Okay, cool! I hope she says yes!"

"Me too Jack."

*skip ahead two years*

ages;
Carly; 12
Jack;12

"Jack," Carly called throughout the young boys house as she came to see him so that they could hang out.

"Yessss," Jack yelled from upstairs.

Carly made her way up the stairs and into Jacks room, seeing him there with a smile on his face.

"Let's have a Disney marathon," Carly said, hugging Jack and pulling him down onto the bed beside her.

She logged into her new computer and got onto Netflix watching High School Musical.

They both sing along to their favorite songs and watched tons of movies.

At around 10 pm, they finally fell asleep with happiness on their face, and love in their hearts.

*skip to a year ahead*

ages; both 13

Carly was sitting on her phone, on Snapchat as she texted her best friend of 3 years now.
;
Jack
Carly, I have to tell you something