Chapter 5

Sakura had a strange feeling of expectancy. Throughout the entire day, she had felt like something was going to happen, but she couldn't put a finger on it. It seemed mighty important, but at the same time she was inherently worried about it. Getting increasingly frustrated, she checked the calendar in the library.

    That's it! She grinned at her epiphone. The mission to the waves is supposed to be tomorrow. After getting over the initial excitement of shaking the feeling of expectancy, the gravitas of the situation finally sunk in. Though the mission was an important turning point for her team, she worried that some of the changes she made would affect the outcome. What if Sasuke actually died this time? Or what if he didn't activate his sharingan. That actually wouldn't be a terrible thing... Sakura chuckled to herself. Still, she shook her head. Sasuke had to come to terms with his sharingan and the darkness that came along with it; hiding it would be futile.

    Putting those worries behind her, she made her way out of the library, arms full of scrolls.

    "Sakura-chan?" The librarian called before she left, "If you see your blond teammate, Naruto was it? Tell him to return the book he checked out. He's about a week and a half late."

    "Will do!" Sakura replied, opening the double doors of the library and walking down the warm Konoha streets.

--------------------------------------------------

    Crossing his arm defiantly, Naruto put on the strongest pout he could.

    "This is freaking BORING!" He whined, pulling A weedout of the garden, "We're really strong Kakashi-sensei, let us go on a cooler mission!"

    "Finish this up and we'll think about it." Kakashi replied nonchalantly, returning to his orange Icha-Icha book.

    "Hey, teme," Naruto whispered to the Uchiha, "I bet I can pull up these weeds before you can."

    Sasuke snorted, "Dobe. You wish."

    The two shot each other a competitive glare and began to pull out the weeds at a rapid pace.

    "Make sure you don't pick the-" Sakura started, before realizing that they had indeed, picked weeds and plants alike. "Idiots!" She exclaimed, looking at the pulled up flowers. "We're going to get in so much trouble..."

    "Shit." Naruto hissed, "It was the teme's fault!"

    "You initiated it, dobe!" Sasuke retorted.

    "You didn't have to go along with it Sasuke." Sakura clucked her tongue, "And it was really immature of you to initiate a fight like that Naruto. Also, return your library books."

    Sasuke glared at the pink haired girl while Naruto looked at his feet ashamedly.

    "I'm sorry Sakura-chan. I'll also go to the library as soon as possible." Naruto muttered, "Teme!" He whispered, "Apologize!"

    Sasuke just shot the two of them a dirty look and turned his back.

    "That bastard." Naruto muttered and Sakura couldn't help but agree with him.

    "Sasuke!" She called, jogging to catch up with him. "You can't do something wrong then expect everyone to just be okay with it. You're being worse than Naruto!"

    That obviously struck a nerve in the Uchiha. "Worse than Naruto?" He growled, "That pathetic idiot will never be better than me at anything."

    Sakura shook her head disapprovingly, "I wouldn't be so sure of that."

    Sasuke was already frustrated with Sakura and now she was just rubbing salt on the wound. It was obvious that he was the strongest member of team seven, and she had no right to underestimate him; especially by saying that the weakest member, Naruto, would surpass him? Bullshit.