Ch. 3: Dance Floor of Deceit?

The MC will steadily be spending one on one time with all the princes from here on out.

Totally random side note (sharing cause I think it's interesting): I wanted to name the chapters that introduce each prince further after the meaning of their names, but that ended quickly when the only meaning for Chezem I found was basically "holy cheese land". I found no meaning for Nagit, Jun's name had a few different meanings depending on which Japanese character is used for it (the most common one being "genuine"), Melchiorre means "King City", Alvah means different things depending on the language (the most common one being "sublime"), and Lambert means "bright land".

After dinner, I went right to bed. Well, not right to bed, because Ivan sure as hell was going to speak his mind about the great shame I put upon him, but I got to bed after that. I never wanted to fall asleep and forget so badly in my life; I was out the minute I hit the Egyptian cotton sheets and memory foam pillow.

WHOOSH!

My eyes shoot open. "Ah! What the…"

I instinctively tuck up my now naked legs. My bed sheets have been pulled off. I rub my sleepy eyes as my quickly cooling body alerts me that I'm not going to be falling back asleep. Morning already? What kind of wakeup call is this? Why didn't my alarm go off?

"Did I not instruct you to wake up early? It's 7 am, you should already be up!"

7 am?! Oh it's a sad, sad day when your alarm clock gets to sleep longer than you do. I peer over. Ivan has my covers piled by his feet. How he got them all off cleanly in one swift motion is beyond me. Good thing I decided to wear pajamas to bed.

Thoughts jumble around as I try to think about how to respond, but being that I'm still between sleep and awake, my mouth takes over for my mind.

"Go away." I tuck my legs up further and hug the pillow. After all the things Ivan scolded me on last night (I drank too soon, I ate too fast, I ate too much, I waited too long, I used the wrong hand, I was rude to the princes, I disrespected the cooks by ruining their food, I talked with food in my mouth, I even coughed wrong and blah blah blah blah blah!), I was determined to wake up in better spirits and be the very definition of success, but all I want right now is sleep.

WHOOSH!

I kind of face plant into the mattress. Ivan just grabbed my pillow as well. Oh, this is a great start. My eyes slowly close as I readjust my head and get comfortable. "Just five more minutes…" I mutter, knowing that five will turn into ten and so on and so forth if he gives me an inch.

Next thing I know, I'm hovering above my mattress. Am I still dreaming? I do love flying dreams…no, wait, he's carrying me?! This man is not only unwilling to give me an inch, he's not even giving me a nanometer.

He carries me a short distance and sets me down. Now I'm sitting in my vanity chair. I lean my elbows on the vanity and prop my head up. I look in the mirror and yawn, my eyes trying to fully open and come to life. I see Ivan's reflection in the mirror. He's behind me, standing in his permanent state of at attention, bathed in sunlight, and he does not look happy.

"You're mean." I mutter, rubbing my face. This does not seems real, maybe I truly am dreaming and he's not really there.

"This has nothing to do with emotion Miss. You're supposed to get up early; I won't have you disrespecting everyone's schedule because you'd rather sleep in."

He speaks. "Ah, this isn't a dream. You're actually here, and you really just stripped me off my bed."

"Beds are not made to wallow in. Make haste, you have a full day ahead of you."