⚜️ O N E ⚜️

"I like to be left alone,But when people don't notice I'm absent,It hurtsAnd I know it's my own faultFor becoming invisibleFor isolating myselfBut just once I want someone to noticeTo truly notice and care

But when people don't notice I'm absent,
It hurts
And I know it's my own fault
For becoming invisible
For isolating myself
But just once I want someone to notice
To truly notice and care." -G.P

P

C H A P T E R  O N E
The news spread like wildfire. Quicker than anything that has ever happened in Perbian. You could hear it whispered across every sections and corner of streets, among all citizens of Perbian. Apparently, the upcoming Corvus festival is nothing compared to this devastating news.

The Domum market is filled with lots of Wanderers anticipating for the Corvus celebration. It is the time for sixteen girls at the age of sixteen to be picked and sent to Daemonium as a peace offering. To most Dormum, sacrificing their own children, their own people is nothing but cruel. Nevertheless, whether they feel obliged, whether they hate the treaty imposed on them, the market always seems to find it's a way to fill with wanderers of different beliefs.

The market as always are decorated with attractive, luxurious banners display above each and every stalls. During these periods of time, three days and two nights before the Corvus celebration, wanderers would set up their own stalls and sell out various items. Even though none of these objects sold is particularly useful, it doesn't really bother the Wanderers as the prices offered were extremely low and purchasing items is a symbol of showing respect to the those Chosen.

Aira Moon returned to Dormum and surprisingly found nothing had changed. The same hustle and bustle, the dreading facial expression during this time of the year or how everyone always minds their own business not bothering to notice someone particular or rather would say a fugitive, a runaway carrying nothing but a small bag standing alone in the middle of the market. But that's what she loves the most from her home, some privacy-which she had been longing for a quite sometimes now.

Aira had returned here for one purpose, to escape her past and to build a fresh start. Just for another five hours, a traveller would take her to the South where she could wave all of her problems goodbye and have a new name, new identity and new life. Nothing could be better than this