Chapter 6

Harry and Ginny were throwing each other curious but happy looks as they saw the joined hands of Hermione Granger and Severus Snape.

"Good morning. Harry, Gin. I trust you still know who this is? Well, Sev. These two are my best friends. Ginny Weasley and Harry Potter." Hermione felt quite odd having to introduce them as they under normal circumstances would know each other.

Severus let go of her hand and walked over to the kitchen counter where the two were seated. He stuck out his hand in front of Ginny for her to shake it.

"Hello, Ginny. I'm Severus. It's nice to meet you," he smiled warmly at the young redhead.

"It's nice to meet you, too, Pro- Severus."

Severus went on to Harry. Either he didn't hear what she was going to say, or he chose to ignore it. The young brown-haired man let his gaze wander from the countertop to the eyes of the man in front of him. Severus was quite confused once he had the opportunity to look into Harry's eyes but quickly pushed that aside to take Harry's hand, too.

Those eyes. They're so familiar. I'd recognize even if they were one out of billions. These are Lily's eyes. Maybe Hermione can tell me more about that later on.

They finished off their breakfast rather quickly before getting ready to apparate to the leaky cauldron. Harry apparated with Ginny and Hermione followed suit with Severus on her arm.

She wore a thick woolly coat and hid behind a big scarf and under a beanie. Severus was clad in dark clothes as to not catch too much attention from others. His hair was now pulled back into a man bun and Hermione did charm his nose so that it wouldn't appear to be too big. It would be one of the first things to give him away.

Additionally, she didn't allow him to go in black, why ever was beyond him. Anyway, he now wore dark blue trousers, a blue button-up, black boots and a black scarf. There were quite a few witches and wizards flooding the local as it's bitingly cold outside. Therefore, the four were lucky and went unnoticed. Somewhere in the back, Harry tapped his wand at a brick stone wall and it gave room to a passage that led to the shopping alley of the wizarding society in Britain. The four of them step through and once they stood there, Severus gaze was going far off again.

The street ahead of him began to shift.

He was standing in the middle of a crowded Diagon Alley in what he thought to be summer because of the warmth all around him. He was just looming around when he was being hauled further by a happily bubbling young Lily Evans. She pulled him into the proximity of the shops she definitely wanted to visit later. "Come now, Sev. Or don't you want to have your own wand?" laughed his friend who stopped at nearly each of the window's showcases to look at the wizarding things you could buy there.

"Severus?" a small hand settled softly on his shoulder.

"It's fine. Just a good memory of my first time ever coming here. And now, come." He laughed and grabbed her hand again. Without thinking twice he pulled Hermione with him and led her to Ollivander's.

Harry and Ginny were looking amused at the unlike pair and followed them at a slower pace.

"Harry, I do think that the more he remembers the closer Severus and Hermione get. This morning he was utterly shocked to find himself lying in her lap and now he's pulling her with him like a schoolboy with a big crush. I bet that he won't be able to pull up that mental wall of his again once he has his memories back. He's shown far too many emotions in the short time we got to know the new him. And, to be honest, I think his presence helps Hermione. I mean, look at her. She's happy. I haven't seen her like that since our fourth year, since before your name flew out of the goblet of fire, and she was so worried about you," said Ginny, looking sideways at her fiancé. He looked rather pensive before coming back to his senses again.