Chapter 1: Remenance

--- Danafor, 5 hours before the disappearance ---

"Daddy, Look! I got an apple!" I giggled. I looked up at him to show my deep blue eyes. My long, black hair slowly falling out of my face.

"Oi, where'd you get that from? The short blond boy questioned.

"Liz gave me it, we're supposed to share cause you always forget your lunch, silly." I stared into his emerald eyes as he gave me a soft and caring smile.

"Thanks, Sapphire" The blonde used a small knife to cut the apple into two pieces, avoiding the seeds in the middle. He handed me half the apple and I gulped it down. As the juices of the fruit leaked down my chin. The blonde gave me a napkin and patted my head and give me a smile. I smiled down happily. I started to space out and think about my past before I fell into these two, literally.

-Flashback-

"Sapphire, run and kept running." My mother said, her face now a blur due to the two months that passed. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. Nearly tripping on the light blue, ripped dress I was wearing. I kept running till I hit the edge of the village, the place where it met the forest. I hesitated, knowing monsters or unspeakable things would be lurking in there but I kept going. I lost my breath and started huffing and puffing. From there I decide to keep walking. After walking for a few minutes, in the same direction I was headed, I heard footsteps. The footsteps were light and were directly in front of me. I dived into a bush nearby and held my breath. The steps started to get louder until a boy who looked about 16 came up. His eyes were as black as midnight, just like his hair. His clothes were a deep shade of red. He appeared to have a strange mark above his right eye. He looked at me, emotionless. He kneeled down pushing the leaves from the bush away from my body. He rose his hand and I held my breath waiting for the impact. He patted my head. I looked up at him with a confusing look, a midnight sky staring into a deep blue sea.

"Why are you..." He spoke

I stared at him with confusion, my head slowly tilting like a lost puppy.

"Why are you.... so cute? Listen, I need you to run, I'll let you escape but you need to continue in that direction and never turn back." He exclaimed while pointing down a path.

"Thank you, sir, will but can you come closer?"

The mysterious black-haired boy kneeled down. I walked closer to him and touched the mark on his forehead. I gave it a kiss and started to run. As I saw a glimpse of him turning a shade of light pink and his head shaking.

Before I lost him in the woods I turned around and shouted

"What's your name? I'm Sapphire!"

"The names Zeldris."

I waved and kept running.

My eyes were no longer a deep blue, they faded into a pale blue. The hope of finding so struck was shattered. Pain began to travel through my legs. Two days without food and sleep. I wondered if I was gonna die. I kept walking no longer caring where I ended up. I took one more step and I started falling? Wait falling? My eyes stared straight at the light blue sky, slowly taking in that I was going to die. Before my eyes faded into the darkness I saw a blur of blonde.

-End of Flashback-

"Hey kiddo, you still there?" I found a hand waving in front of my eyes. I smiled, I only been with Meliodas and Liz for two months and they feels like they're my real family.

"Yeah, can we go home to eat, actually who's cooking?" I chirped.

"That's a surpriseeee" He sang as he helped me off the ground.