To trust Is love

Warning
This is a Merthur fan fiction with very slight smut.

Listen to Human by Christina Peri

Summary:

Arthur and Merlin have a night out at the tavern which results in unexpected scenarios and feelings.

Have fun reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unsteady on his feet the King is guided back to his chambers by his manservant. They were retiring from a night at the tavern and were joined by several other knights, including Sir Gwaine. Struggling underneath the weight of his king while also fighting off his own buzzing headache he arrives safely at King Arthur's chambers.

"Meeeer-ERliiiin." Arthur called with a slight hiccup.

Ignoring his kings call he branches his arm for the enormous and ever so tempting bed and pushes Arthur onto it, picking up his feet and taking one shoe off a time before placing him under the blanket. Merlin double checks to see that there so no more to attend to before turning around and stumbling backward caused by a grip on his forearm. A second later he notices his position on the bed, his back on the kings chest and his head firmly resting on the other side of the blondes body. Startled Merlin rushes to his feet, a shade of pink glossing his cheeks.

"What was that for you clotpole? " Merlin questioned defensibley as an attempt to hide his happy embarrassment.

Arthurs eyes sharpened into a slither, his bright blue eyes a dull grey in the dim lighting, his lips thinned into what Merlin could only guess to be a pout.

"How come.... Your not drunk?" He asked so seriously, his voice a low murmer that sent shivers down Merlins spine.

"I can hold my liquor better your sovereign." A snide smirk blessed Merlins lips as he motioned a mocking bow.

Before he stood himself up again he was grabbed by the collar and jerked forward and landing dangerously close to Arthur's lips, the only thing stopping the distance from closing was Merlins arms stopping him from falling any closer and his sheer willpower that was slowly deteriorating as time went by. Merlin was trying his best not to get distracted by Arthur licking his plump but dry limps from all the liquor and did his best to maintain eye contact but even that was not helping the growing strain inside his pants. It was only mere seconds they stayed there locking eyes before Merlin made an attempt to break free but his body was kept in place by Arthur's hold, a hand on his collar and a hand wrapping around his lower back.

"No you can't, you always get drunk before I do." Arthur replied pulling Merlin even closer, their chests now directly ontop of each other, it was a good thing his legs were still on the ground, he didn't know how Arthur would react if he knew what this was doing to him and he wasn't going to take that risk. Merlin continued to stay quiet and Arthur grunted in response.

"I have a bet to win. " Arthur mumbled under his breath and before Merlin could even think of reacting Arthur tugged his down, their lips clashing together, it was a soft kiss that didn't go beyond the lips but the action pushed Merlin overboard and he could no longer hold himself back from what he wanted to do, he pushed his tongue into Arthur's his own discovering the insides of a mouth he had not tasted before, it wasn't a great kiss, their lips were both dry and they reeked of peanuts and pint but it didn't bother Merlin one bit. Arthur was startled at first but he also melted into the kiss, giving in to unknown desires. Merlin moved his body ontop of Arthur and was now slowly stradling him, he could feel Arthur's junior grow hesitantly beneath him while Merlin's was at full size. Breathy moans escaped both their lips in need and want before Arthur realised what he was doing, he shoved Merlin off of him with guilt as Merlin's boney body hit the floor with a loud thud.