Undying Guilt

Tears tumbled like fountains over her cheeks, it broke my heart seeing her so hurt. So sad. She just sat there rocking to and fro, not saying a single word. Her bare shoulders showed bruises and scratches embedded in her ivory skin, I stepped forward wordlessly but she flinched away from me. Afraid.

"Luna...please I won't hurt you..."

"I didn't want anything to happen. I ran away from all that...tried to. I tried and failed...tried..., you reminded me of those monsters...whispers in my ears....they won't go...won't stop..."

I sat on the bench beside her and held her broken form, so much had happened in two single days. It dosn't seem real, dosn't make sense, so confusing...guess that's just love. I didn't understand what Luna was saying. I wish I could. Wish I could help with the pain but I had made it worse. Worse than it needed to be.

"What do you mean...i...i don't understand" I said in her ear.

She looked up at me.

"I have a past...a horrible past..."

"I'll understand. I have all the time in the world."

********************************************************************************************************************

Bile was stuck in my throat from repeatenly being sick, my knuckles grazed by the walls I had punched and my head swimming with sickening images. I was angry that my Luna had to go through such a past, such a hellish life. It was reality. I was sat in the pricipal's office, at one of those overly polished tables watching the clock tick rythmically to my quick pulse. I was angry. Not at her oh no, but at my own sex, men. What made us do these things? Become monsters frightening the beautiful faries?

I remembered her words. Felt her memories.

(Luna's Memory)

It was a sunny day when it started. Wispy clouds hanging overhead making me think of that candyfloss you get at the fair, the breeze of the day tickled my cheek making me giggle in surprise. I was excited, mother was going to take me to the west end to see a play, in one of those posh london theatres. I was only 13 but I adored the energy of acting, pure emotion behind words, you could pretend to be anyone. Anyone at all.

I were sat in the back garden, waiting for mother to come and take me to London. Then I heard that terrible screaming...shouting...banging. I ran to the back door trying to open it, finding it locked securely. I yanked at the frame trying to get to the source of the screaming, it must of gone on for up to half an hour before it fell chillingly silent. That's when the door finally opened. Father stood there with wild eyes and a red liquid sprayed upon him.

"Come here my little girl, I've got a little surprise for you."

But when I walked inside. I walked inside hell. He made me do things no girl should do, made me cry and beg to stop. Afterwards he just grinned and said the words that made me shudder for the next four years.

"Your the best wife ever."

-Few years Pior-

The monster made me work, whilist he slouched on the sofa drinking cans of beer. Everytime I tried to run away he'd slap me and make me do some chores. I hated work. But got good money, i always cried myself to sleep afterwards feeling flithy. My work helped me find Chris, he helped me for a while, helped me get a new job, a normal one but he'd get so angry and sometimes he'd help father punish me. As I got older i fought back, that's how father now dosn't bother with me but he still calls me his "Wife".

*******************************************************************************************************************

"Jake you may go now"

I stood up and left the chair as it was, not bothering to pull it under the table. I wanted justice. I walked up to the headmaster's desk.

"Has Chris recieved his punishment?"

The headmaster looked up, sweat visible on his huge brow, he simply stood up as he felt intimidated by the way I positioned myself. He mopped his brow with a cloth on the desk.

"Im afraid...Chris has gone missing."

I pounded my fist on the desk angry at him.

"HOW CAN THAT BE!"

"I'm sorry Jake, he went missing from the hospital a few hours ago...trust me I wish he could be locked up too but we need to find him fir-"

I slammed the door behind me, with murderous intentions in my heart. I was going to find Chris and Luna's father and kill them, the police were a bunch of pussys, someone had to do it. Luna wasn't on the bench when I looked down the corridor. My heart pounded suddenly as my phone rang, Luna's name came up on the screen, I immediently felt settled as I answered it.

"Hello gorgous." I cooed.

"Hello sexy"

I froze. My whole body feeling as though it had been submerged in the artic waters.

It wasn't Luna's voice.