Two: That Date

Hi! Hope you all enjoyed the last chapter :)

This will have Declan and Naomi, so guys *wink wink* get ready!

●●●

Soft piano notes and muttered words can be heard from the schools music room. Declan had texted me saying to meet him here during study hall- for what I don't know.

"You can be the peanut butter to my jelly-" "Declan?" I interrupt, a blush of embarrassment blooming across my cheeks. Declan's head snaps up, eyes wide, "you heard that?"
I nod, and give him a smile, "it sounded beautiful." He beamed, and then got up. Declan's fingers wrapped around my hand, and he tugged me out the door.

"I have a surprise," Declan said excitedly, eyes brightening. He seemed to get over the fact I has heard him sing the first line of The Perfect Two by Auburn.
"About the song," Declan began, not quite meeting my gaze.

Or maybe not.

"I was just- um, practicing my notes?" Declan said meekly, and now he was turning a light shade of pink. I laugh, and touch his arm with my other hand. "That makes no sense, but it was great Declan. You don't need to be embarrassed by doing the thing you love." I said lightly, and he smiles warmly.

Bennett and Jordan were currently at The Base, doing God knows what. They had ditched school because of some 'gang related activities'. Since Jordan was needed for his technology skills and Bennett was the leader, they were the only ones who had to go. Declan went with me to school, and we basically were bored out of our minds the whole day. Study hall came around, and we spent it in the library. Declan mostly hummed and occasionally muttered something underneath his breath about a newly released song. I was reading Wuthering Heights for the sixth time, noticing little things that I didn't before. Before study hall ended, Declan informed me that he'll be in the music room, and I nodded and said I'll meet him there after the last bell.

Now, he was currently dragging me to his car (he had gotten driving lessons and a new car) shoving me in, and buckling up my seat belt.
"You do realize I could do this myself, right?" I asked him, and he smiled nervously. "I know I'm just excited."

Declan got into the car and started driving. "Turn off the Trace Ace app," he said suddenly, and met my gaze real quick before returning his eyes to the road.
"Why?"
Declan rolled his eyes and laughed slightly, "do you really want Jordan tracking us down?"

Nope. "Nah he'll ruin the fun," I grin and Declan chuckled again. "We're almost there."
"Are you going to tell me where we're heading?" I ask, and Declan stays quiet. Okay then. . . .

Declan turns down a neighborhood street, and their were these old, beautiful Victorian houses.
We stop in front of an old building that was crumbling, and Declan takes a deep breath. "I just found out about this place last year. The guys don't know about it- it didn't feel right, telling them. Maybe I will, maybe I won't."
I look at the building, and it looked ancient but surprisingly gorgeous. The door had boards nailed on it, and graffiti that would make Jordan cringe littered the houses exterior.

But that wasn't what made the home as beautiful as it is. It was the large tower with the pointed roof that made it stand out, and defined windows that had a fine layer of dust on it. "What is this place?" I ask softly, looking back at Declan.

"Before my parents adopted me, this was my biological parent's house. It's on the market- Zillow helped with that- and mom told me about it last year," Declan said. He shifted from one foot to the other, and he looked uncomfortable. I reached out, and wrapped my arms around him.

"Thank you for showing this to me. The house- it's amazing," I murmur, hugging him tighter. Declan's breath caught, and he hugged me back, burying his face in my hair.
"Thank you for coming with me. It means a lot," he whispered back.

Hesitating, Declan reached back into his car, and opened up the storage compartment in front of me. He pulled out a black velvet box, and shyly handed it to me.
"It's not much, but I hope you like it."

I held the box, and opened it slowly. Inside, a sparkling charm bracelet lay on the cushion. It had one diamond heart, that shined when the sun hit it.

I smile and look back up at a very tense Declan. When he saw my expression, the tension rolled out of his body.

That was before I attacked him.

Declan took a few steps back, and my arms instinctively wrapped around his neck. Without thinking, I pressed my lips to his, and the warmth of his hands on my back made me see stars.

He kissed back, and when we pulled away, our heavy breaths mixed together. "Wow," I mumbled, and pressed my face to his chest. His shoulders shook with laughter, and he held me tighter.
"That was incredible," he agreed, and I hid a smile.

We stood in silence, wrapped in each other's arms.

"You know, there was a new restaurant opening downtown," Declan said suggestively. "Would you like to go?" I nod, beaming.

I'm looking forward to that date.

●●●
EYYY :D
So what did you guys think?

Tbh it's been a little while since I've read TGGBB, so I wasn't quite sure about Declan's situation with his family. I think he was adopted. . .

So we got some #Decomi!
Personally I ship Bennett and Naomi 😁 so at first I was pretty curious to see how this would unfold out to be. And it turned out pretty good in my view 😀

I would love to hear from my wonderful readers, so drop a comment and please vote! Thanks for reading! ^°^