Chapter 3

Adrian's POV

Adrian's POV

I sit in my art studio painting. My mother wanted to make a greenhouse, but after everything was built it turns out she was giving me this studio for my 16th birthday. 

My dad designed it for me. Its now my place I go to hide from the world. I have paintings as old i am in here. I love this place because its the only place where I can be me. 

My dreams run rampant here and they stay here. Dreams like becoming a full time artist. Dreams of being accepted by society. Dreams of me and the one my heart longs for playing in paint and laughing the day away. 

None of the things will happen. 

They are dreams and nothing more. So to pass the time i paint my sorrows away. Tears fall from my face slowly and silently with every brush stroke I take. The sun shine through the glass and hits my arm every so delicately. 

There is knock at my door. I wipe my tears quickly and see my mother walking with a tray of food. My mother is literally my foundation. She reads me like book and it pisses me off sometimes. She reads my face and walks over to me and kisses my head. 

"What you working on?" I look at my painting. 

"I'm still working on it

"I'm still working on it." She puts the tray of food down and hugs me super tight. 

"I feel like you need this." My mother says. My body starts shaking. I cry in my mother's shoulder. I haven't been myself this past year because last year. 

I realized I was gay. 

I told my dad and my mom and lets just say it ripped our family in half. As punishment i am holding that side of myself. My Mother and dad fight about me constantly. My mother is on my side and is completely supportive. 

But my dad....

He just doesn't get it. I remember the look in his eye when i told him. His warm eyes that looked upon me when i was young turned cold and black. He told me i was confused and that i just need to get a girlfriend  and forget about it.