Two

"SO, LET'S BEGIN the first selection. The order will be as follows:

Eldest child of Asia - India

Eldest of Africa - Egypt

Eldest of Europe - Russia

North America - USA

South America - Brazil

Australia - Australia

"Did I make it clear, guys?" Canada said after reading the document in her hands. "Now let's hear from Asia's first born, India?"

"We're sorry but India couldn't come. He's too old for conferences," Thailand formally stated. India was terminally ill because of old age. He was sitting on a wheelchair and is using cane or crutches to support himself when he stands.

Canada rested her hands on her waist. "Fine. Let's hear the second eldest in Asia's family."

Korea, the woman with porcelain skin and dark hair stood in front. "Annyeong hasshimnikka. My name is Korea," she said, smiling sweetly to everyone in the court. "I'm rich in culture and tradition. Aside from that, I also had the fastest internet signal. My people name it the LTE," she proudly flaunted her innate beauty so that other countries won't look down on their mother, Asia and their whole ancestry.

Her five siblings cheered by clapping their hands; Singapore even whistled. Philippines also clapped, imitating what his siblings were doing.

Mexico laughed loudly. "But you're also the only divided country in the world."

Touché. Korea is divided into two: North Korea and South Korea. They never meet, like two sides of the same coin. They also have different capitals. Pyongyang is the capital of the North while Seoul is the capital of the South. It was a heartbreaking truth but then reality stings and there's nothing Korea can do about it.

"Oh yeah, that's my disadvantage. But that's only one and I have a lot more to show. Do you know that KPOP is the most sought after entertainment around the world? They love my voice. They say I'm a seductive songstress," Korea reacted, getting back on her foot.

"Shut up, braggart," lashed USA. "What do you think of Broadway? A dream? For fucks sake, I started dominating the world by storm circa 1800! While you only began in the swinging 90's! To hell with the 20th century, you're way beyond my *ss, plagiarist idiot! You even use nonsense English words in your songs!"

Russia made a low growl and everyone turned their heads on her. "Watch your tongue USA. Just where did you get your idea of making artificial satellites and space probes?"

Everyone laughed, for they knew that Russia launched the first human in space and USA is second, like he just imitated Russia's idea.

"Not to mention your high criminality rate and terrorism," Russia added which made USA shut his mouth.

"And where do you think does the most powerful passport in the world lives?" that's Singapore.

Oohs and Aahs could be heard in the court. USA couldn't say a thing anymore; he was grounded and at the same time, humiliated. 2 countries recently broke their alliance with him, throwing him way below the passport ranking.

"Hey!" China yelled. "Why are you arguing about these things that you have, why not talk about what you don't have?" As China said those words, a big grin played across her face. She has been haughty since it's a well-known conviction that all things are made in China.

"Cool idea! Why not look at Philippines who have nothing to be proud of?" Brazil's words stung like a bee, making Philippines, who was sitting silently on the far end of the court shiver. He knew that he is not so well-known, and is lowly regarded.

"Hey, Philippines, say something," Spain provoked.

I've got nothing, Philippines uttered, more like a whisper. His blood ran cold after realizing that he's being disparaged.

Yeah. What can he brag for? From the system of education, it's still muddled. To add insult to injury, Spain and America invaded his colony and became their slave for a hundred years. His culture is greatly influenced by them; his identity is stripped from him. He just can't break the chain he had in his neck. He can't get out of the cage he was in.

"Attention," USA said, poking a spoon in the wineglass to get everyone's attention. "To all those who were looking down on Philippines, didn't you know we were brothers?"

Philippines sighed in relief as he felt saved by the rescue that came but it only lasted for a while when everyone in the court turned their eyes on him. "Is it true?" France asked.

Philippines takes a deep breath as he recounted the events in the past.

xx

So Philippines and USA were brothers! What do you think?

Thank you so much for reading my book :)

[ Vote. Comment. Share. ]