Chapter Ten

SETTLING AT THE COTTAGE

Harry looked out at a beautiful little cottage on the coast. He travelled down to it accompanied by the others.

"It's quite sweet Ron." Said Hermione. They got the door and knocked.

"Ooh wait! I have a key. Bill an Fleur are in France at the moment." Ron let everyone in. Sirius grabbed Hermione's arm.

"Your bleeding." He said. "Let me have a look." He pulled up Hermione's sleeve and gasped. "Evil, horrible woman!" Sirius was horrified. In large letters on Hermione's wrist the word 'LIAR' stood out. "Hermione I am ever so sorry. I can heal this but it will scar." Tears streamed down Hermione's face.

"At least it won't hurt anymore." She looked away from her arm and with one movement it was healed. "Thank you Sirius." She hastily hid the scar and carried on.

Sirius sat down on the sofa opposite Harry and next to Ron. Hermione showed the goblin to a room where he could sleep.

"Why didn't you hurt Malfoy Sirius?" Asked Harry.

"Well Harry. He's only a boy and he didn't hurt me. It was obvious that he was really scared. The Malfoy's aren't all tough." He smiled at Harry. " it was fun to hit my stupid cousin with a hex though! Serves her right." He gave a hearty laugh.

"Hey Ron, where can we sleep?" Hermione and reentered the room.

"Erm, there are three bedrooms. You can have my brothers Hermione. I'll go in with Harry and what about you Sirius?" Ron suggested.

"I don't mind. Are there two deprecate beds in the goblins room?" Ron nodded. "I'll go in there then." Hermione sat down next to Ron.

"Something Bellatrix said is bugging me. I know it may sound stupid but I think there is a horcrux in her vault." Harry said. "She seemed really scared when Lucius asked if the object should have been in her vault. Did anyone else notice that?"

"Yes actually Harry. Before she knew it was the sword she looked terrified. You could be right. But we can't get into her vault!" Hermione looked like she was thinking.

"Wait here." Harry went upstairs and into the goblins room. "Hi. I'm Harry Potter. I thought I recognised you. Your the goblin that showed me to my vault first time. What is your name?"

In a gruff voice he answered. "I know who you are. I know that I showed you to your vault! My name is Griphook. What do you want?"

"How can we get into Bellatrix Lestranges vault without being detected?" Griphook looked at Harry strangely.

"What do you want to do that for?" Griphook asked.

"Private reasons. Can you get us in or not?" Griphook nodded.

"But I would like the sword of Griffindor in return!" He walked up to Harry. "Do we have a deal?" He held out his hand. Harry shook it.

******

"He wants the sword in return? But we need it to destroy the damn things!" Ron argued. "Are you mad? How is he going to get us in exactly?" Griphook stepped forward.

"If you can brew a good polyjuice you could become Madam Lestrange and get into her vault. Miss.Granger has a black hair on her jacket. No one has noticed?" Sirius walked up to Hermione and saw the hair, he pulled it off and looked at it.

"This is Bellatrix's, definitely." He gave it to Hermione who put it into a little bottle.

"Right" said Griphook. "If you use the imperius spell at the desk you could make the goblin believe he has seen your wand. He needs to see the persons wand to let them into the vault."

"As I am the oldest here! You can all go to bed!" Sirius laughed and said, "only joking but it is getting late so you better had go to sleep." Everyone said good night and went up to their rooms.

"Goodnight Sirius." Harry walked off upstairs and got ready and into bed.