"Sacred Mother of Kyokusei"

"Squid Tentacles and Peanut Butter?"

"Yup"

After their emotional and tearful reunion, Akira and Sara changed back into their uniforms and settled under a cherry blossom tree.

"It started right after we came back home. Their stupid competition on who can make the most disgusting dish. I tell you it's a pain in my ass." Sara complained

"You can't be serious, no chef in his right mind would never make something like that." Akira said

"Key words: right mind, which my brother does not have. Because if he did, he wouldn't make crap like that and he definitely wouldn't have made himself public enemy number one at the school." Sara said with a gloomy cloud hanging above her head.

"Well if there's one thing that amused during the ceremony, it was his confidence." He said patting her head "Still I do feel a bit bad for him."

She looks at him "Why's that?"

"Because I'm the one whose taking the top spot." He smirked

"Aww" She smiles, pinching his cheek "You're so cute, Aki."

A-Aki?! Cute?!!

He does his best to keep his blush down and not let his voice crack "W-Why do you say that?"

Her smile turns to a smirk "Because you actually think I'll let you take the top spot. If everything, it'll be me at the top. But you'd definitely take the second spot."

He frowns, lightly smacking her hand away from his face "So I guess that makes us rivals."

"I don't want to be rivals." She pouts, turning away from him.

"Why not?"

"Because most rivals aren't friendly with each other and I've seen some friendship break because of rivalry. I don't want that to happen to us."

"Sara..." He didn't think she would so worried about something like that. She was the reason he began to hope for better in his life. Like hell he would break his bond with her over a rivalry.

"And also because of the trash talking and the over cocky attitude. If you started acting like that, you'd probably get a black eye or worse."

He sweatdrops. He could remember all the bumps and bruises she gave him when she was pissed like it was yesterday. It surprised him that his cheeks weren't permanently swollen from all the pain.

No doubt in my mind her punches gotten harder and more painful.

He jumped when she started poking his arms and sides "What are you doing?"

"You're not skin and bones" She said softly as her eyes started getting glossy "Dammit! Why do I still have tears in my eyes?!"

Akira smiles, putting his arm around her shoulder pulling her closer to him "You were really worried about me, weren't you?"

"How could I not?! When I first saw you, you were nothing but skin and bones! Your clothes were so worn out and you were so dirty. I just didn't understand why no one wanted to help a child who was on the street, nearly starving."

"Not everyone has a big heart like you and Jun."

She looks at him, confused "Who is Jun?"

"Jun is the woman who took me in and raised me for the pass 8 years. I met her just a few weeks after you left." He explained

I wonder, is she...

"Well I'm glad things worked out. You've changed quite a bit, Aki."