Hericane

Hericane Gail
I was sorting out my things inside this small apartment until I stumbled upon an old shoe box which I don't even remember. I checked out this box covered with a lot of stickers and an uncomprehensible letters in it. I triet reading the letter written in that old shoe box.

"H-Hi-High School Memories!" I blurted out after finally understanding the writings. A butter smile crept in my face as I slowly opened it. There I saw old photographs, bracelets, and lots of letters which was somehow brownish in color.

I grabbed one of the letters and opened it. With shaking hands I read one of it and realized what this letters is all about. These are the ones that was given to me by the boy I loved way back in high school and the first boy who torn my heart into pieces.

"Love, August" pagtatapos ko sa isa sa mga sulat. I felt an unfamiliar thing inside me as finished the letter. Ang sulat na ito na nagpapatunay ng pagmamahalan ng dalawang tao. I held it in my chest as memories start to flood inside my head.

Way back then I was this foolish girl who fell in love with a guy who also happens to be my crush. Everything seems perfect not until he just left me hanging without a word. Questions still unanswered even if years had already passed. And so I just decided to find him afterall we are living in the world where social medias usually do the work when looking for a friend.

I grabbed my phone and searched him. 'August Keith Hidalgo' I typed. Seconds later until it showed few results I scrolled it down and there I saw a man standing with his hands inside his pocket while smiling from ear to ear. I quickly clicked his profile and saw that the account is on private.

I felt my hand shaked as I tried clicking the 'Add Friend' button. Kaya naman pikit mata ko itong pinindot. I heard myself heaving a sigh after what I did.

But I was more shocked when I got a notification saying that he accepted my friend request. Natigil ako sa paghinga ng bigla na lamang may lumabas na mensahe galing sa kanya.

Him: hey

Me: uhm hi

Seconds had passed and my messenger showed me that he was typing but I guess he would delete his message once again. It continued for minutes until I finally got a reply from him

Him: How have you been?

How have I been I wanted to say to him that I was doing great and that I achieved all of my dreams without him. But this would sound so I just decided replying him with a typical 'I'm fine'  message.

Me: how bout you how are you?

Him: guess just like you I'm fine also

Naubusan ako ng mga salita matapos kong makita ang mensahe. I was expecting him to say more things but I think our conversation just ended with this. Nevertheless I still felt that I still have a lot of things to say to him. And so I decided to meet up with him. Afterall baka eto na ang hinahanap kong rason kaya ako muling napadpad sa lugar na ito.

Him: okay that sounds great let's hang out then

We exchanged numbers for us to easily communicate with each other. Then turned my phone off as I drift off to sleep. This is gonna be a one hell of a stay I stated on my mind before dozing off.

***
Days had passed since the last time I talked to hum. Ang isang beses naming paguusap ay hindi na nasundan pang muli. I was just scrolling my phone when a text message pop out which came from him. I quickly opened it to check and see his message.