Execution Day

He sat in his cell for what seemed like an eternity, staring at the gray stone wall, waiting.

Yuya never thought he'd end up in such a grim place.

After many of his friends and allies had fallen victim to Academia, he gotten sick of it. So he created a plan. A simple yet quaint plan, a plan of pure vengeance.

First, he would dupe the guards into leaving their assigned positions. Next, was to sneak in their fortress without being seen. Then he would assassinate their leader: Leo Akaba. Though he always known killing was wrong, this was his final resort.

However, his plan had failed. He couldn't eradicate their leader. Instead, the guards managed to snare him. He wished he had succeeded, and remained anonymous.

The door had suddenly slammed open. Loud footsteps echoed throughout the prison.

They had finally come for him.

The guards stopped walking in front of his cell, and one slowly started unlocking it.

Yuya was done for.

"Get up boy!"

He unwillingly looked at the guards and slowly stood up.

Then the other guard, the one who hadn't unlocked the cage, said dynamically, "Hurry up kid! We don't have all day! This is an issue of utmost importance!"

At this moment, the green haired boy had thought about running away, but his legs were reluctant.

So he walked towards the guard as instructed.

They wondered through the prison.  Yuya browsed the other cells as they walked past them. Many of the other prisoners looked sad and frustrated, with no hope of escape.

About halfway through the walk, one of the guards had become tired and decided to get a makeshift guard to replace him.

A while later, they had reached their location. The last place he will stand. 

It was a large field, gated by a wall, with many large quaint weapons and torture devices.

He was very prominent compared to the other prisoners, who wore only dark, monochrome clothes.

The boy watched as four other prisoners received the same penalty as he will, pending for his turn. Though, he didn't enjoy the previews of his fate.

It was time.

"Any last words?" Asked a guard.

"Yeah..." said the boy, "I'm sorry everyone....I'm sorry I couldn't help you all....I'm sorry you all had to suffer...."

After he had finished his last words, there was a short pause, the guard had signaled another.

Then the blade dropped, and the boy's head came clean off.

That very day, Yuya Sakaki had died with a smile on his face.

*The End*