black and white

a n d y

me and rye have been together for two years now and i love him too bits. it was so magical when we met - i'm not even lying. you see we have this weird rule where you can only see in black and white until you meet your soulmate; when me and rye met to create this band i saw colours i had never seen before. i didn't tell him until a few months after brooklyn and mikey had joined the band. he told me that the same thing had happened and i was so happy that i kissed him out fo joy. we've been dating ever since then and now jack has joined the band and now we have even more roadies -  i couldn't be anymore happier.

"i'm going to the shop anyone wanna come?" rye asked us all as we were all sat in mine and mikey's room. we all shook our heads no. he shrugged his shoulders and grabbed his hoodie and put on his shoes.

"ring me if something happens" i kissed his lips. he nodded and walked out of the flat leaving the four of us.

we were joking and laughing and as i began laughing i immediately stopped.

i couldn't see any colour.

"andy? you okay?" i heard brook's voice.

"where are the colours gone?" i asked, mostly to myself.

"what do you mean?" jack asked.

"i can't see any colours" i said again as i looked around. everything looked so dull.

"rye!" i yelled. i remember the rule!

"what about rye?" they asked.

"the rule! when you meet your soulmate - you can see in colour. when your soulmates... dies - the colours vanish.." i explained whilst tears fell down my cheeks.

i put my shoes on as fast as i could and ran outside. i saw an ambulance and paramedics. i walked closer and i saw a person laying in a puddle of blood.

"rye!" i screamed as i ran towards the scene.

"sir, you have to stay away" a paremedic told me sternly gripping my arm firmly so i wouldn't run ahead"

"no! you don't understand! he's my boyfriend - he can't die!" i screamed again.

"sir i understand but you have to stay away!" he told me again. i yanked my arm out of his grip he had on me and ran towards rye.

"rye?"

no answer

"rye, please"

no answer

"no please! answer me rye!"

no answer

"take him back" i heard as i was pulled away. i kicked, screamed, cried.

"no! you can't let him die! bring him back!" i shouted as tears fell. they left me sat on the path as mikey, jack and brook came running out. as soon as they saw what had happened they stopped running. they were frozen in their tracks.

"he's gone" i heard one of the paramedics announced to everyone.

"no... no" i whispered to myelf. sobs racked my body as i put my head in my knees form where i was sat.

i could still see his face.

it was the definition of perfection. my kind of art.

i could see his phone near my foot. it was shattered but it still worked as i pressed the home button. it opened up on mine and his messages.

he was going to message me?

i could see half a sentence written out that i wished he had sent me,

'i lov-'

little did i know that when i kissed him earlier before he left, that was the last time. the last time i could feel his soft lips on my own.

the thought made me break down completely.

i've lost him and now all i see is literally black and white.