Once Upon A Rabbit Hole Time of one of the "Tres Marias"

Once Upon A Rabbit Hole Time When The Duchess Said The Moral Lesson Of That Is... Love, Believe It Or Not!

In aliceinthepoetsheartland, I wrote whimsical poetry because I was with my younger siblings, raised in books that lived out the nursery rhymes in classic tales beginning from infancy to adulthood.

An archived proof of this is an old photo of my two sisters and me under the heading: “Tres Marias” and that’s only because we all shared the common name: “Maria.”

I am the oldest child, standing in the middle, my birth name is: Maria Alicia Ines;  then to my right is my sister Maria Rita who is one of the country’s young leading neurologist; and to my left is my youngest sister, Maria Rosario, who is a Phd university professor in Grad. School of premier university who also owns and run’s the country’s foremost Montessori school.  We should have been or rather; the photo should have been under the heading: “Dos hermanas inteligentes, mas una artista” or two cerebral sisters plus one artist.

I am the artist;  consequently, becoming as genetically programmed “both brainers,” much, much (very much) later in life.

 So now this story in prose and then in poetry because I reinvented the word “proem."

 Alice though not of Lewis Carroll’s birthing imagination, but of an accident that did not wait to happen- was asked years after she realized it mattered if she remembered the day of the week she was born with the stork along with someone’s unicorn.  Why?

 “Well,” she said “according to A.E. Bray in 1838

In his Traditions of Devonshire, wrote on that date:

You could have been Monday’s child, who’s fair of face,

But then again, you could have well been Tuesday’s child who’s full of grace.

On hindsight, your lugubrious state, tells it so

Makes you a Wednesday’s child, who’s full of woe

And then, you must be Thursday’s child, who has far to go

Oh dear, your mother is afraid she doesn’t really know.

She dares say though, you could be Friday’s child, who’s loving and giving

But certainly not Saturday’s child who works hard for a living.

Shall we try the child born on Sabbath day?

Like one who’s bonny and blithe and good and gay.

“I can’t tell you just now what the moral of that is” the Duchess interrupted

Perhaps she will remember it in a bit Alice brooded

“Tis so” the Duchess added on the rebound

“Oh,’tis love, ‘tis love, that makes the world go round!”

End of this useless story because Alice went on to get a life, the Duchess’ head notwithstanding.