in the stands

Percy watched with wonder at the sandy-haired athlete. Oliver grinned in the sky in victory, and Percy couldn't help the smile that spread slowly onto his face.

He stared wide-mouthed and wide-eyed at Oliver. Gahhh he has abs! Why does he have abs? He thought.

He leaped back suddenly as Oliver himself shot down and hovered in front of him. Flashing a roguish smile and making Percy's legs wobble, he greeted, "Hey, Percy. Enjoying the game?" Oliver's face was dangerously close to his, and Percy visibly gulped.

Finding himself tripping over his words, Percy looked down at his feet. "I've got to go. Prefect duties and all, you know," he mumbled.

He missed Oliver's slight disappointment when he said, simply, "Oh."

Percy walked away, hands stuffed in his pockets and face down. He recounted the conversation, and was absolutely sure that his face was as bright red as his hair, if not brighter. He felt like kicking himself.

Because he left, he never noticed Oliver's distraction as he missed every quaffle.

He hung his head in dejection. He knew that Oliver couldn't ever like him back- heck, he didn't even know whether he was gay! He was too cool for him.

Who was he kidding? All he could do now was to find Fred and George and drown his sorrows in smuggled Firewhisky.