two

a year and a half ago

"Ray Anderson, I have to tell you some stuff," Holly gushed, plopping onto the seat next to mine.

I'd just sat down in my usual row at church when Holly came bursting in, coffee's in hand and a mission on her mind.

"Yes, Hols?" I giggle.

She hands me a caramel frappuccino, "All right, so apparently, according to Vicky, there's a new family coming in today, and the oldest is gorgeous! I mean like if Froy and Tyler Posey had a baby, that'd be him."

"How do you know what he looks like?" I ask, taking a sip of my coffee.

"Well I don't, but Vicky explained in detail of how he looked and wow, he sounds hot!" She grins.

I roll my eyes, "How does Vicky know what he looks like?"

"She and her family had dinner with them last night," She says.

"Guys! Did you hear?!" Holly and I both whipped our heads to where the voice came from, which was from our friend Kathy. She ran up to the row in front of mine and sat down on a seat.

"About the new family with the incredibly hot guy? Yes!" Holly gushes.

I roll my eyes, "Guys, please, stop freaking out, I'm sure he's not that hot."

"Oh yeah?" Kathy smirks, "Take a look for yourself," She nods her head behind me.

Holly and I both turn our heads, "Wow," Holly breathed.

I knew whom they were talking about right away. He had short light brown hair, and slight bangs that fell over his eyes. From what I could tell, they were blue. He seemed pretty tall and didn't have a scrawny build. He was wearing black jeans and a nice button down t-shirt.

"Okay, you were right," I muttered, moving my eyes from him to Holly.

"Told you," She winked, "You think he has a girlfriend?"

"With that face? One hundred percent yes," Kathy nods.

"You guys checking out Luca?" We all jump and stop staring at supposedly Luca and look at Vicky, "You know, it's not polite to stare,"

"It's polite when the thing you're staring at is pure art," Kathy jokes.

I chuckled, "What's up, Vic?" I ask.

"Nothing much, Luca's really nice by the way." She mentions, "He plays baseball, too," She winks.

"What position?" Holly asks.

"Catcher,"

"Oh, no way? You mean he's got looks, plays baseball, and has an ass? No fair!" Holly exclaims.

"Does he have a girlfriend?" Says Kathy.

Vicky grins, "Nope, he's single,"

Kathy smirks, "Dibs!"

Holly groans, making me laugh, "You go, chica, get him,"

"Ray Anderson, you're supposed to be supporting me!" Holly scoffed.

"Well, Kathy called dibs!" I shrugged

"Exactly, everyone knows that whoever calls dibs first, gets the prize." Kathy winks.

Holly pouts, "Damnit,"

I laugh, "Should we go introduce ourselves?"

"You mean embarrass ourselves in front of the Kj Apa of our church? No thanks." Kathy chuckles nervously, making Holly agree with her.

I look at Vicky, "Will it be weird if I introduce myself?"

She shakes her head, "Nope, I'll go with you, though, these two can continue staring," She winks at both Kathy and Holly and pulls me out of my row over to Luca and his family.

"Hey, Mr. an Mrs. Faxon, this is one of my really good friends' Ray, I told you about her at dinner," Vicky introduces me.

I stick out my hand and smile, "Nice to meet you guys," I say.

"It's good to meet you, Ray," Mrs. Faxon replies, shaking my hand. Next Mr. Faxon shakes my hand, "Well, um, this is Robby, he's five," She puts her hand on top of a little boys head, "and over there in Rachel, she's eleven, and Chance, who's eight," She points to two kids who are mingling with a few others.

"And Alex should be back in a minute, he just went to the restroom, he's fourteen. And this here is Luca, He's sixteen, " Mrs. Faxon gestures to Luca.

He stands up and sticks out his hand which I shake, "Nice to meet you,"

Holy shit his voice is deeper than I thought!

"Ray, nice to meet you too,"

We talked for a little while longer before the pianos started to play and we said our goodbyes.

"So, is he nice?" Holly asks, looking at him quickly.

"Yeah, he's really nice," I nodded, "Really nice."