Chapter 10

Chapter 10

(A/N: Back to back updates..😘 enjoy.)

(Normani's POV)

There comes a time in your life when you need to make a decision. A time when you really need to use your brain and think. For me, that time has come. The girl I've been in love with since forever has decided to go out on a date with me, she may think we're just going out as friends but that's not true, this is a date and it's going to be perfect.

My problem? I have nothing to wear.

"Dress or jeans. Dress or jeans." I mumble to myself as I look through the mirror in my bedroom, holding up a pair of black jeans and a red dress.

We decided that I would pick her up at 7pm, because Atlanta is so boring, I'm taking her to the Italian restaurant not far away from here. I have to admit I'm disappointed, I wanted to spend loads of money on Dinah tonight, take her to expensive places, make an impression, you know? Dinah says she's looking forward to getting to know me more, I'm looking forward to seeing my baby, regardless of the conversation. As long as I make her smile and treat her properly, the date will be perfect.

I have to look my best, though.

"I don't want to overdress but I don't want to under dress." I mumble to myself, still finding it difficult to choose between a dress and jeans. I wonder what Dinah's wearing, maybe I'll text her to find out?

No, I can't do that.

"Jeans." I smile, throwing the dress across the room and unbuttoning the shorts I'm wearing.

After taking a long needed shower, I change into a white top showing some cleavage. I then put on the pair of black jeans and then a pair of high heels to finish off the outfit. I apply a small amount of makeup to my face and curl my long black hair. I look hot, very hot. I hope Dinah thinks I look attractive tonight, I don't want to disappoint her.

When I eventually look at the clock, I realize it's only 6pm, I'm an hour early. I sigh, what the hell am I supposed to do for an hour? Waiting around here is killing me, I just want to see my girl now. I want to take her out and make an impression, why does time have to go so slow?

I decide to sit down on my bed and look around the room at the beautiful pictures I have taken of my baby. Each one of them brings back memories, each one of them also gives me butterflies, knowing that I'm going out with this girl, there's no better feeling. I'm the luckiest person alive.

She's mine, and only mine.

I leave the house at 6:15, I'm 45 minutes early but who cares, I plan on sitting in my car at the end of Dinah's street, watching her house. I can't stay in my house a minute longer, I have to be closer to my girl.

When I reach the end of the street, I park my car on some fuckers drive and gaze over to Dinah's house, I don't have the best view but at least I can see a part of her house. Smiling to myself, I happily watch Dinah's house until something catches my eye. A blonde girl entering her car.

It's Dinah.

I frown, where the hell is she going? I'm supposed to be picking her up soon and she's going somewhere. Oh god, I hope she isn't bailing on me, I don't think my heart could take it if Dinah stood me up. Why would she do that to me? I love my baby, I love her.

Dinah pulls away from her house and drives passed me. I duck down in my car just in case she sees me, thankfully her eyes are fixed on the road, oblivious to the car parked in her neighbors driveway. I quickly turn on the car engine and follow my love down the road, there's no way I'm staying here without Dinah. I just hope to god she's running a few errands for her Mom or something, I'll be ok with that.