Chapter 1: A Separate Peace

My patience has its limits and limits are a restriction on the size or amount of something permissible. Although, you won't be taking any notice of it on the view of things when you're... in love. Because that's how powerful love IS. I love when I'm one-hundred percent comfortable around a person, and I can act anyway. But! Like I said, it has an ending point. Eventually, when the time came, you'll end up losing yourself trying to hold on to someone who doesn't care about you.

Every girl has dreamt of having that special significant other, the person who would make you feel special when he already looked at the real you.

Some say love can take you anywhere beyond your wildest dreams, it is just a rumour sadly. It hasn't been proven yet. How could I believe in such thing when my parents are half-divorced.

"But I love you!" this guy, Seito proudly declared, while kneeling before me. He was holding one of my hands in a pleading manner, grasping it like there's no tomorrow. You can see dedication through his eyes that were full of honesty and bravery. Stunned, it felt very convincing, I go on questioning, "Why is it difficult for you to do your part! It's harder than it is. This is tiring. Baka."

His shoulder fell on its position, shrugging off some embarrassment. "I'm sorry. Here let me do that agai-..." I hit him playfully on his arm and nagged, "You're not doing it properly, Seito. Do I have to lay it all out for you again?!"

We were at the corridors of the school that time, rehearsing for some sort of play that'll be held on its given date. I still remember how everything was with him back in the day; Back when we first met...

My name is Casthy Mori, typical redheaded, speckled, invaded-by-freckles-around-my-face, sixteen-year-old girl. So about my surname Mori, must I tell I have Japanese blood running through my veins. Apparently, I don't look asian in some aspects. My eyes are round and bright green, and nowhere near the eyes of an asian which usually people describe as "almond-shaped" ones. Although comparing the eyes of asian folks to almonds isn't even really accurate, according to a blogger I know. She superimposed almonds over the eyes of asian and white people. She concluded, "People, do I have to spell it out for you? East Asians don't have almond shaped eyes. White people do."

Who cares if they're shaped like that? I though to myself. Right, no one.

Sekai High School had a frightening number of students. It looked like I had hid in the shadows of the walls of the school building as if being kept there like a prisoner. Never in my entire life had I thought of attending this horrid battlefield of intelligence.

Everyone seemed to ignore my existence. I play the same game.

There is one thing that still kept me from attending this school, Love. I have these questions that always pop in my mind: Does the mysterious "tangible" love truly exists here? Does the magical rumored feeling of happiness and excitement of mixed emotions bear it? Will these questions be favored to be answered one day?

They say we're just too young to know. But I'm sure heart and soul is all what it takes to find it.

Elders nowadays tend to underestimate young people such as myself. Hate those types.