•°• Chapter 1 •°•

Angelicas POV

Have you ever heard of that saying "curiosity killed the cat?" I'm sure you have, everyone has. Well, this story is a perfect example of that.

I peeked through the closed blinds at what horror was about to occur. Everyone within 50 miles had already evacuated from hearing the news but I had to see it for myself. My house was perched a few roads behind the barrier to our pack and that's where him and his goons were about to emerge from any minute now.

Killion Colton.

That name alone was enough to sends shivers down my spine. He was the most feared Alpha, who went around from pack to pack, slaughtering innocent people alongside his beta who stole husband's wives and snatched father's daughter's out of their bedroom to become housewives and sex slaves for their packs soldiers.

The day had finally came where it was time for Silver Crescent to face his wrath - my father who is the General of our pack made a promise that we will not be a victim. He's been training his soldiers for this moment for as long as I can remember and he even made sure our house was right on the edge of town so that we could see Killion from a mile away if he was ever to invade.

And that day has finally come.

My father vowed to protect me, he'd flip his shit if he knew that I actually snuck back to the house, especially seeing as the house is located so close to the battlefield. But I desperately wanted to see it first hand. I wanted to see that piece of shit for an Alpha crumble right before my eyes as the pain he inflicted on many others was now being done to him.

I know it's incredibly stupid of me to deliberately put my life in danger as the most dangerous person in the world comes to kill us all but I had to see this.

All our troops were already in place, everyone was just waiting for the signal from my father to advance, you see I've been watching my father plan out all his strategies and battle plans since I was 8, and although those weren't all designed for this particular person. They were gonna need all of the above to defeat this buffoon so I pretty much knew how our pack was gonna play this out like the back of my hand.

I've been training with my dad since I was 8, and I came to work with him everyday and watched how he trained his soldiers who were twice my age. That's how it has been ever since mom died.

I'm ripped out of my thoughts when I suddenly hear a stampede of footsteps and I see an army emerge from the forest. With no other than Killion freakin' Colton himself leading. My blood runs cold as I lay eyes on him but some reason I get the faint feel of butterflies in my stomach. I shake it off, thinking that's its probably the sight of him that's made me queasy and I pay attention to what was going on instead. I see him stick his nose in the air, probably sniffing out for our scents but it was raining earlier so thankfully they would have been drowned out. My suspicions are confirmed when I hear him let out a loud growl in annoyance and it's that time that my dad figures we should surprise attack.

It's a surprise attack because the only reason that we knew he was coming was from a friendly warlock called Jubbah, who lives at this pack and helps out whenever he can as a "thank you for letting me stay".

At first everything goes well. It was obvious that Killion was not expecting an attack because a few thousand of his men were taken down within the first 10 minutes, but after a while his army regained from shock and it was a steady battle. I winced every time I witnessed a man of ours go down, especially when I personally knew them, and knew they had a family waiting for them in the town hall but they weren't ever coming back. After about the 30th time someone I knew crumpled to the floor, I decided that this was actually all a bit too much for me and that I would be much safer with everyone else.