Chapter Nine

May 13, 2000

Maxwell's POV
"So, how are things at home?" I asked after taking a slice of pizza from the box. "With Dad and Frank, I mean." I looked up at Eddie and Jude and they just shrugged, taking their own pieces.

"They're having a baby, Max." Jude whispered then she moved over to my couch and she leaned against me, putting her hand on my stomach while eating with her other hand. "Is he trying to forget about everything with Baba? The baby won't even look like us- it's going to be so much whiter than us." The three of us had olive undertones, because of Baba's heritage, and if Dad had a baby with someone else, it'd be completely Caucasian.

"I-I don't think he's trying to get rid of what he did with Baba... I just think he's trying to start something new with Frank." I whispered, lying completely to the two of them to make sure that they didn't know I hated the relationship. "How about you two sleep over tonight, huh? I can get Ben to bring us some takeaway then we can have a nice night in." I whispered, wrapping my free arm around Jude before the two of them nodded, excitedly.

I wanted to get them out of the house because I heard that things between Dad and Frank were getting tense- aunt Julie told me about it, apparently Dad had been calling her about it and she decided to call me like I would help somehow. I wanted to help but I couldn't when my father was trying to refresh everything he had with our baba.

The three of us finished an entire pizza then we all just laid there, Jude and Eddie glancing at my stomach every few seconds then both ending up on their knees next to me, poking at it and smiling whenever they thought they felt something kick back- I was really just hungry but I didn't want to tell them that the baby wasn't moving for them.

"Does it hurt?" Eddie asked, quietly, after a few moments.

"Ben and I are calling it a girl." I whispered in reply, putting my hand on the bottom of my stomach then looking at the two of them.

"Does she hurt?" He corrected himself and I couldn't help but smile.

"No, not at all." I smiled, softly, then they went back to talking to the baby and I took a deep breath, trying to blink back tears.

How could he? How dare he? Dad had the audacity to find a new boyfriend, starting a new family like nothing had happened with Baba before. It hurt me, it hurt me so badly. I hated that he was moving on- he wasn't supposed to move on like that. I understood their relationship at that point and was fine with the dating, but I couldn't handle the thought of getting another sibling when I had one of my own on the way.

"Is Dad going to love the baby more than he loves us?" Eddie asked and I sighed, softly, sitting up on my elbows.

"I don't think so, Eddie. I mean, Judie and I thought that they'd love you more because you're our half-brother, but Dad loves us all the same." I explained, quietly. "Like I said, he just wants a family with Frank." I murmured and the two of them nodded before getting up.

I stretched, grunting a bit when I moved my body, then the three of us got off of the couch.

"We should probably go and get your guys' sleep stuff." I sighed and they nodded before running to the entrance, to get their shoes and such. "I need to talk to Dad, too, while we're there."

---

"I don't understand why you need another baby, Dad." I whispered after sitting at the table, making sure that the other two didn't hear me. "You have us, and you're both getting old." I hissed and he made a little noise at me, probably frustrated at how many times I had told him I hated the relationship.

"Maxwell, please leave me alone about it." He whispered, looking at me with a stern face and cold eyes. "I don't want to hear another word about it from you." He hissed and I felt my heart sink.