The Short Story

•••••••

•••••••

Mickey's p.o.v...

Everyday. I showered him with love and care.

Everynight. I let him made love to me but for him, it was just sex and it made me so sad after we done it.

All those things he never noticed, doesn't care and He absolutely don't love me at all.

Present...

"My dear son-in-law. How's being a housewife to my son? He doesn't let you get in trouble. Hasn't he?" My Mother-in-Law or Momma as she wants to be called, asked me as I entered the living room.

She visit us every Saturday just to make sure that our daily life as Husband and Wife are well and good.

I put some fresh baked cookies and coffee for the lady to take a sip on the center table. Then I sit down with my husband on the love couch.

Before I could answer her, my husband quickly replied to his mother "Momma. I won't let my sweetheart getting tired from home and I am not causing any trouble for him too. I also cares for him. Am I right, Love?" he looked at me with lovingly eyes that all I know, it was just a façade to everyone who sees.

'Love'

How I wish that he will always calls me with such kind of an endearment. Unfortunately, it was just a mere wish that will never come true.

I smiled sweetly and nodded "Yes. Momma, he is a very good husband" I said in all honesty.

I know who's the one he truly loves so much and it hurts to know that it was my younger brother, who is by now at the hospital because of his heart problem.

This whole situation was a mistake, this marriage has no happy endings but for me, it is so right and still hoping that he will love me at the end.

His thoughts of the past...

We were childhood friends, Me, Him and my younger brother. Our parents are also best of friends and they both decided to have an arrange marriage between their first born child. It was kept a secret until the right time comes.

All those years being friends with him are so full of happiness and new feelings blossoms within our hearts.

One day, he told me his secret that he loved my younger brother so much as the latter secretly loves him as well. I was about to tell him my secret too but after I heard those words from him.