Chapter One

Penname: Tufano79

Beta: Christina Downs

Prereader: N/A

Title of Story: Il Donna e Il Dottore

Rating: MA/NC-17

Pairing: Bella/Edward

Fandom: Twilight

Genre: Romance/Crime

Word Count: 10,620

Story Summary: Isabella Swan is the only daughter of Charlie Swan, the leader of the Swan Mafia Family. While out with her father, they are attacked by a rival family, The Wolf Pack and her father was critically injured. The family doctor was unavailable, and Bella is scrambling for a replacement. She called the person she'd least expect to help her.

Dr. Edward Cullen is working as an emergency room physician when he got a phone call from the girl he'd secretly loved all throughout college, but she kept him in the friend-zone, save for one drunken night. After that, she disappeared, and he hadn't heard from her. Until this fateful night ... And he found her much changed, hardened, scarred and angry.

Charlie Swan's life hangs in the balance, and the only person who can save him is Bella's former friend and one-time lover. Will Edward be able to save Charlie and stay away from the girl, who is now a woman and far more beautiful, despite the scarred and hardened exterior?

Standard Disclaimer: The author does not own any publicly recognizable entities herein. No copyright infringement is intended.

La Donna e Il Dottore

"Isabella, we have a meeting tonight," Charlie said. "We're inspecting a shipment of some new weaponry. We need to make sure that they meet to our exacting standards. Then, we're meeting with a potential buyer shortly afterward at Cigno."

"Understood, Dad," she replied, checking her phone and seeing that there had been a large shipment delivered to their secured warehouse overlooking Puget Sound. She was upset since she wanted to go out, have some fun with her few girlfriends, Rose and Alice, and find a guy to have her wicked way with. She'd made plans to go to one of the gambling clubs, Black Jacks, owned by her family, under the management of Emmett McCarty, who was a trusted and valued member of the organization, but work was more important than a quick fuck or losing more than a normal person makes in a year. Besides, most men she found were too drunk to really make any of her conquests meaningful. It was all about getting off, being fucked.

She never cuddled.

She never stayed.

Emotions were never involved.

It was biological act for pleasure – namely hers.

Love made people weak, distracted. It's how she got her most distinguishing and horrific feature ... an eight-inch long scar from her hairline, down her nose and to her left cheek.

The night she got that scar, her life changed forever. She was in college, floating on a high of amazing sex. She'd been infatuated with her biology tutor, Edward Cullen, in college and one night, after a fraternity party, she allowed her heart to win over her mind. They'd had a magical night, fucking for what felt like days and made her body sing, but a phone call from her father made her wriggle out of the security of his arms. He pouted when she left. She kissed his lips, leaving his apartment, with promises of a future relationship and making her way back to her own apartment.

Her head had been in the clouds and she didn't see someone following her. Two strong arms had wrapped around her body, tossing her into a dingy alleyway. She kicked and fought against her attacker, Embry Call, from their adversaries, The Wolf Pack. She'd sliced at him with her knife that she kept at her ankle at all times, but he overpowered her, using her own blade to cut her face. "No one will want you now, bitch," he growled. "I can smell him on you. I should take you, remind you of your place ..." He punched her ribs, reaching for her jeans.