Chapter 1

The cool fall breeze blew y/n's messy hair into their face as they walked through the forest behind their school. Brown and red leaves littered the damp, muddy ground marking that winter was almost around the corner. A bunny hopped across the path infront of y/n startling them for only a moment before the overwhelming feeling of joy filled them. They pulled their phone of their coat pocket and took a picture of the bunny as it stood in the path searching for something to eat. Y/n giggled at the rabbit causing the fluffy animal to run into a nearby bush for safety. Y/n continued to walk down the path until they saw a thin birch tree on the left side of the path that had the simple shape of a bird carved into it. They turned and walked off the path into the thick foliage. In the distance they spotted the familiar clear-watered lake that they had visited many times. They remembered the hot summer days when Pidge would splash around in the water with her friends while y/n sat on the sandy shore watching and laughing along with them and couldn't help but smile. When y/n got closer to the water they noticed Pidge was already there, perched on top of a large rock and ready a book with a hard, black cover. As soon as Pidge heard y/n coming, she folded the corner of the page she was reading and closed the book. y/n waved and Pidge waved back with a huge smile on her face. All of a sudden she jumped off the rock and ran towards y/n pulling them into a warm embrace. Y/n who was a little taller than Pidge hugged her back and looked off into the distance. They could feel themselves blushing a bit and didn't want Pidge to see.
"I missed you," Pidge softly whispered
"I missed you too." Y/n responded.