Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

Second Chapter

I pulled down on my sleeves, but Nat slapped my hands and made me stop

I pulled down on my sleeves, but Nat slapped my hands and made me stop. I just rolled my eyes at her and pulled down on them again.

"Nathan, seriously," she muttered. "You're ruining all the sleeves on your shirts by doing that."

They could just make longer sleeves.

We were the first ones to arrive for class. Birdie was with us but had chosen to stay in the back of the room.

My leg started bouncing, and I was really nervous. Everybody knew who we were. At least Nat's picture hadn't been on the world news. Being the second feral to be released was not nearly as interesting as being the first, apparently.

I took a deep breath to try and calm down my nerves.

At least she wasn't famous, and that was good. We were obviously twins, so it was only a matter of time before people started asking questions.

Carlos dragged his feet into the room followed by his supervisor. The supervisor nodded to Birdie and joined him in the back. Carlos dropped down in the seat next to mine.
"I hate mornings," he muttered and rubbed his eyes.

He was a year older than me and Nat. We liked him the best out of all the people in the programme. He came from the prison in Los Angeles, so he had been very easy to get out in comparison to us. He was a registered feral, but he didn't seem feral at all. He liked to read and always had his nose buried in a book. He was very intelligent and seemed extremely bored by this entire arrangement.

"At least the food is better here," Nat said and leaned back in her chair.

"Amen to that. We got this weird brown thing for every meal. Not for human consumption," Carlos muttered.

"We got grey porridge for breakfast and for lunch and dinner we got a brown porridge. But that was in Scotland. In Ireland the food was okay. Sometimes we got fruit."

Nat snorted, and Carlos looked a bit jealous. More kids started filling up the classroom sending nervous glances at us.

"They could just take a picture. Then they could stare at us even when they're at home," Nat said loud enough for the people around us to hear.

"Or google Nathan, he's everywhere on the internet," Carlos said and smiled calmly to a girl who kept glancing at us.

Birdie squatted down behind us, his arms resting on the backrest of our chairs. "You guys doing okay?"

"Oh yeah, I'm loving this. It's fantastic. Absolutely mind-blowing. Simply astounding," Nat groaned sarcastically.

"Nice wording," Birdie snorted and went back to his spot next to Carlos' supervisor.

I pulled my sleeves over my hands and kind of wanted to sink into the ground. That was until Rae walked in. She cracked a smile at me and sat down at the table in front of us. She turned in her seat and smiled even wider at me.