Anticipation

Chapter Eleven

"Are you sure you wish to begin without consulting any books that could give you a clue of the rare and supposedly extinct creatures?"

"HA! Are you joking? There are only a few 'extinct' creatures that actually existed once upon a time, you have to be one of those! How hard can it be?" How arrogant can one male wolf possibly be!? Sure, add into the equation the fact that he seems to be high up in the pack hierarchy, I am assuming the current alpha's son or training to take over the pack, and we have for one very arrogant and egotistical male who already seems to be a chauvinist jerk. There is no way he will be able to guess what I am, even though I desperately wish to tell him what I was, I admit that I was scared.

Scared not only to admit what I actually was, a pure-blooded siren with royal blood running through my veins, but scared to find out his reaction. I was scared because once he knew what I was, he surely would not want to get to know me and would surely banish me from his land, despite the fact that I was his soul-mate and he was destined to rule by my side. With all of the awful folk-law about mermaids, but sirens in particular, I knew that he would be disgusted by what he believes me to be, a murderer, when we have never done a human harm, not purposefully at least.

"Suit yourself, but I warn you, it is not as easy as it seems, you must search the deepest part of your wolf's memory and see what he saw in his past lives. Perhaps that shall give you a clue as to my specification."

"Let the game begin, Caelia, and may the best wolf win!"

"Well, we have been a people since the dawn of the ocean and we rarely travelled outside of our safe haven even before the Betrayal, which is what has dwindled our numbers down to small numbers hiding in underwater enclaves. When we did surface, it was only to sing and see the morning light bring the ocean to life and we have not only one form, but another besides out human form which we can morph into when underwater by invoking blood, which is a lot more difficult than it sounds." I believe that is three of the five clues I am generously giving him, "oh, and we have quite a bad reputation among human sailors who travel above my- I mean our palace which is situated near the Bermuda Triangle because they believe that we brutally murder them. Last but not least, our passion is singing. You have half am hour to come to your conclusion while I shall be waiting near the lake. Goodbye," and, before he could reply, I waltzed straight past Lucas and into the woods, without a care in the world. I even ignored the pitiful attempts to make me return but somehow, I knew that he would not follow me while he had my little puzzle to figure out.

I did not anticipate that Elise had heard every word of our conversation, nor had I anticipated the long struggle that was to come in the upcoming weeks...

-A/N- To any readers that actually are considerate to read this and tell me what you think, thanks :-)

Oh, and I know it is incredibly short but that is only because I have been really busy with my uncle and babysitting as well as having to show a lot of Year Six's around before they came up to high school and trust me to get the naughty group -_-

Anyway, the next update will be over 2,000 words, I promise and will get posted in the next few days but in the meantime, remember to check out the teaser for 'Sadistic Succubus'