Chapter Four

I couldn't help but wonder what my best friend would think if I told her about Damon and Stefan? Would she think I was insane? I can't help but still ask myself, why did he choose me? Did he lie? All these questions. I have to go ask him now. I pick up the phone and call him. He doesn't answer. "Uhhhgg I guess that means I'm going to his house!" I said in rage. I get to the house before I could even knock he answers the door. Looking at me with tears running down his face. I knew he had no idea why I had left and didn't even call. I walked right in and got to the point. "Who is Katherine?" I said with such anger. He told me everything. The same thing Stefan told me. It was all true. He loved her. He did everything for her. She was all he wanted and he killed for and because of her. "That was my past yes I still drink human blood that's just who I am, but I don't love her anymore Brandie. I love you. That was so long ago trust me!!" He said in fear of me leaving him. "There's that word again. Trust. How can I trust someone who was in love with a vampire and is who he is because of her and was okay with it!!!!" I said with such rage and anger. "I never want to see you again Damon." As I said it running out the door crying. I love him. I drive all the way to my best friends house screaming and knocking so loud on the door. "SARINA!!! Let me in I need you. I can't do this!!!"
She flings open the door telling me she already knows. She seen it. "I can't explain it but I seen your pain I seen everything you've went through since you've moved into Mystic Falls. Even Stefan and Damon. I think my grams was right. I am a witch. Watch this." She grabs her necklace off of the dresser and starts saying words I don't understand and focusing. All of the sudden it starts to float. I panic but also trust her. "This is amazing. What? How? Just wow!!!" I said with amazement.
"So since you know what's going on. What do I do? I love him Sarina!! Even tho he's not your normal boyfriend I love him!!" She says to me "Brandie you fell in love with who he is. Not what he is. You accepted him as soon as the compulsion had wore off. His past is from 122 years ago. She might still be alive but he doesn't want her. He wants you. Don't ruin happiness over his past. He told you the truth and gave you the answers.!!" I knew she was right. Instead of calling Damon I just go to the house again. He doesn't answer me when I knock this time, but the door flung open. I walked in yelling for him. I walked into the living room and there he was draining another girl of your blood. I scream at him "DAMON STOP!!!! I know your angry but just stop I'm right here." He compels her to forget the whole thing. To go home and sleep it off. That she was at a party and it got to out of hand, and she believed him!! This compulsion thing scares me but i trust he won't do it to me again. I had him my shirt he wipes the blood off and asked me why I came back. I tell him as I'm rubbing his tears away "I love you. I went to see my friends Sarina and she's a witch. She knew all of this before I even showed up. She told me I didn't fall for you because of what you are but because of who you are. She's right!! Damon I love you and I accept you for who you are. Your past isn't important to me. Right now is. Damon I can't live without you I need you." He picks me up and spins me around. He kisses me passionately. The words come out of his mouth "I love you Brandie and I want my whole life to be spend with no one but you!!"