Chapter 1

It was an average Saturday night. I was sitting at home with my twin brother, Brandon, when all of a sudden, he suggested that we go to the cinema.

Right away I agree, being bored out of my mind, I wanted something to do.

"Can I invite Apollo?" Brandon asks me, referring to his best friend since grade 10.

"Sure." I don't hesitate. Apollo is fucking hot. I think I've liked him since Bran and I met him.

He nods, texting him our plans.

"Hey Bran, Hey Grace." Apollo greets us when he finds us in the dark theatre. After taking the seat next to me, he helps himself to my popcorn, and I give him a look that screams "I'm going to fucking kill you." He simply sticks his tongue out at me, knowing I won't actually do anything. I roll my eyes before averting my attention to the film that just started.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you want to sleep over?" Brandon asks Apollo after the film is over, noticing how late it is. Apollo silently agrees, knowing that Brandon and I will already know his answer.

The three of us start to walk home in the dark, our house being a few blocks away. As we get through half of the dark alley we've gone through tons of times before, we hear footsteps behind us. I, the logical one, think nothing of it. People go through this alley all of the time, so it's nothing out of the ordinary. Brandon, however, is a much different story.

"What was that?" He asks anxiously before quickly looking behind us to find a man standing at the end of the alley.

"It's just some guy. It's nothing to worry about. Come on." I say, not wanting my brother to have a panic attack in the middle of this alley.

" I wouldn't be too sure about that." Apollo chips in. Anxiety present in his voice too.

"Why?" I ask, pointing my eyes to where he's looking.

"Who the fuck is that?" Brandon asks as we all look at a man standing on the other side of the alley.

"Were trapped." Apollo says, sighing in defeat.

"Y'all. It's fine. The odds are, they're not here to hurt us. They probably don't even know each other. Even if they do, it's two against three." I say, trying to reassure them. The exact moment I say that, another man appears at each side of the alley, leaving it at four against three.

"You were saying, Grace?" Brandon complains, obviously trying hard not to freak out.

"It's going to be fine. Let's just keep walking." I tell the boys in an effort to calm them down. They nod their heads and keep walking, not looking behind us until we hear more footsteps. Now the men are halfway through the alley, while were about 3/4 of the way through. Now I'm starting to get scared.

Brandon, Apollo, and I huddle up as the men walk closer to us. I feel one of them grab me and I try to get out of his grip. The same thing is happening to the boys. I see a sketchy looking van pull up to the end of the alley, and the man holding me puts a cloth to my mouth before everything goes black.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up in a very gross, small room, with Brandon and Apollo awake on beds near mine.

"What is that smell?" I complain, just noticing the feces-like odor all over the room.

"I think people have pooped and peed in here." Apollo says with his hands over his nose.