Chapter 7

After Grayson and I's lovely meal, we decide to go back to the house for some privacy. I text Wayne that I'm back as we pull into the driveway because I don't see his car.

"What do you want to do?" Grayson asks as we walk through the front door.

"We could hang out in my room." I offer before Grayson nods. We begin to walk towards the stairs as Grayson's fingers intertwine with mine. I smile at Grayson as I feel our energies racing through our fingertips.

We both sit on my bed when we enter my room and are struck by a comfortable silence.

"Grayson" I say after a few seconds.

"Yea?" He responds, looking over at me with his bright brown eyes.

"What were you going to say at lunch earlier? Like before Trina came with our food?" I asked, not sure what exactly I was hoping for.

"What?" He asks, probably already forgotten what he was thinking.

"You said there was a reason you brought me there, but the waitress came before you could say." I explained, hoping he would remember.

"oh, uh- that?" He paused, sounding very nervous. "I was um. I was just- trying to act smooth." He half hazardly tells me.

"How? What were you going to say?" I ask, slowly realizing how much this means to me.

"I was just gonna say something that would've lead to this." Grayson explains as he pulls me closer, smashing our lips together. This sudden exchange of emotion surprises me at first, but I quickly get used to it as we get more intense. The world stopped as I melted into Grayson's touch. Our exchange ended a few moments later as Grayson's phone started buzzing uncontrollably. His phone lighting up my dark room.

"What is it?" I ask, trying not to sound impatient.

"It's Ethan. I have to go." Grayson says, sounding both disappointed and nervous.

"Why? What's going on?"

"Nothing. Don't worry about it."

"Is everything ok?" I ask again, not wanting to upset him.

"I said don't worry about it!" Grayson explodes before his facial expression changes from angry to regretful after he realizes he yelled at me. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell, but I really need to take care of this. I'll tell you all about it later." He says calmly and quietly as he pulls me into a tight hug.

"Ok, I'm sorry for being annoying." I say trying not to cry.

"You're not annoying. I'm just really on edge right now. I'll see you after I deal with this, ok?" He tries to reassure me, failing indefinitely.

"Ok." I sniffle out as he kisses me on the forehead.

He grabs my hand as we walk to the front door. He gives me another hug and a kiss before he leaves. I watch him pull out of the driveway before I begin bawling my eyes out. I'm not quite sure why, but Grayson yelling really upset me. Maybe I actually am starting to fall for him.

Apollo and Brandon walk through the front door a few minutes after Grayson leaves and Apollo looks upset.

"What's up?" I asked, trying to lighten the mood.

Apollo simply rolls his eyes and crosses his arms after he drops down on the couch, his anus face in full effect. I look at Brandon for help, but he just focuses his attention the the ground, looking guilty for some reason.

"Is something wrong?" I say, trying to get them to talk to me. Apollo lets out a heavy sigh and then stomps up to his room. I look at Brandon with confusion before going up to Apollo's room, being sure to leave my phone with Brandon.

When I approach his door, it's already open, meaning he knew I'd follow him. I peek in the doorway to see him laying on his bed.

"Are you ok?" I ask after I knock on the door.

"You kissed him." Is all he said

"Wh- how do you know that?"

"Wayne made us watch you on a monitor in the car. It was disgusting."

"Apollo, you're making this really hard for me. I don't want to do this to Grayson just as much as you and Bran, but I'm being forced to."

"So you didn't want to kiss him?" Apollo sits up and looks at me with an unreadable expression. 

Knowing he already knows my answer, I simply look down at the floor in defeat.

"Grace, I just hate this. I hate how I have to sit back and watch all of this happen. I know you hate doing this, and you don't want me or Grayson to get hurt, but it fucking sucks just letting it happen knowing there's nothing we can do about it. I hate sitting here watching the love of my life fall in love with someone else." He said all too fast, not completely realizing what he'd just said.

"Apollo, yo-"

"Grace please."

"Please what?"

"Tell me how you feel about me."

I sigh and look at his beautiful blue eyes. "I love you, Apollo. I have since sophomore year of high school." I say as I look away trying not to cry. "Everything is just so confusing right now."

"Grace," Apollo pauses, getting up from his bed and walking over to me. "please." He repeats

Apollo stops right in front of me, so close I can feel his hot breath on my face.

"Please what?" 

He kisses me. His soft, wet lips against mine in such a lustful manor made me want him even more. Grayson can't know about this. 

After a what seemed like a few seconds, the kiss ended. Apollo's face still mere inches from my own, he lets out a soft chuckle. "How did you feel about that?" He asks.

"I loved it." I smile at him.

"But?" He asks, knowing there's always a catch.

"But Wayne, and this stupid ass house, and this shitty thing he's making me do."

Apollo simply nods and walks away. He knows it's not my fault, but he's still upset. I decide to give him some space and go back to the living room to see Brandon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Autor's Note

Hey guys! Sorry it's been forever and a day since I last updated. I've been super busy with school. Being a bio major is not fun sometimes, but I'll try my best to update as often as I can :)