Mistakes

3 weeks later

Shayne's POV
It's been 3 weeks since Courtney and I started dating. She's nice, it's okay. I got over Olivia I think so that's good. I still think about her a lot though. It's kinda sad because me and Olivia don't talk as much as we used to. We kinda drifted apart. I try to not think about it because Im happy with the way things are. I am.

Courtney walked into the room gloomy.
"Hey, what's wron-" I'm cut off when she grabs my arm and pulls me out of the room. She takes me to an empty room in the office.

"Do you still like Olivia?" She asked me sounding defeated.
"No, of course not..." I start to comfort her by holding her hand, "I like you. I'm happy the way things are. Yes, I did like Olivia before, but that's over now. I absolutely do not like her anymore. Haha gross..."
I'm cut off when I hear footsteps running away from the door. Shit. Was that Olivia? I let go of Courtney's hand and go over to the door. I see Olivia turning the corner and running to the bathroom. I slap my hand on my head while Courtney looks at me confused.
"Fuck."

Olivia's POV
I heard it. I heard everything he said. I wasn't eavesdropping, I was looking for Courtney and I heard my name being brought up. He said liking me was gross. What an asshole. I never told anyone this but Shayne and I kissed 2 months ago. I was still dating James and I felt really bad for it. I knew Courtney really liked him so I never did it again. When I fell asleep on his shoulder, all that guilt overcame me again and my stomach was hurting so bad. Now, that same feeling in my stomach is coming back. I run into the bathroom and lock myself in a stall. I slowly drop to the floor and start crying. All these thoughts running through my head. I've been avoiding him recently because I can't even look at him without feeling all these feelings that I have for him. I hear a knock at the door.
"...Olivia?" It's Shayne.
"Just leave me alone!" I shout through the bathroom door.
"Listen, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. It was a mistake."
Silence.
"...Olivia?... Olivia please come out."
I swing the door open and he's standing there with a couple tears dripping down his eyes.
"It was a mistake? The mistake was the time we kissed and all those nights we shared together. The mistake was every car ride and movie night we had together. The mistake was listening to all those stupid stories you told me. The mistake was trusting you. No, the mistake was falling in love with you." I wipe my tears and walk past him. Our shoulders bump as I walk away. He grabs my wrist but I tug away quickly. I run to my car.

Shayne's POV
This can't be happening. I don't even know what to say, how to feel. My body feels numb. I run out to the parking lot. I see Olivia backing out of her usual parking space. We make eye contact and I see her wipe the tears from her eyes. She drives away leaving me alone in the parking lot. I hear footsteps running towards me. I turn around and see Courtney, the last person I want to see right now.
"Are you okay?" she asks me.
"Yeah, fine lets go inside" I walk past her but she stands in front of me, blocking my path.
"You love her don't you?" Courtney asks me with pity in her eyes.
"Yeah... yeah I do." I respond looking down at my feet. Ready to have another person mad at me.
"Then go get her." Courtney playfully punches my shoulder. I slowly look up and hug her tightly. She pats me on the back and I look into her eyes.
"Go! Go get her!" Courtney says smiling.
I let out a small laugh and get into my car to go to Olivia's house.

Authors Note: Ohhhh yeahhhhh!! This was a really eventful chapter!!!