Introduction

Introduction

        Greetings, citizen! Congratulations on staying alive and having the knowledge to read this informational blurb about the “zombie disease” that has stunned the world.

        Influenza Z, commonly known as Z Flu or “Zombie Disease”, is caused by a bacterial infection, spread from saliva to open wounds. Once the pathogen meets the bloodstream, it multiplies. After about 20 seconds, there is enough of the disease in the person’s system to cause a brief, coma-like state. This “sleep” lasts between 5-10 seconds. Once a Septic comes to, he experiences a spike in metabolism and dopamine, causing a surge of energy and a rise in speed. Septics also require human protein to survive, perpetuating the cycle; the Septics eat humans, spreading the disease in the process. Without human protein, however, the Septics become restless and subsequently dormant. Septics do possess the capability to starve to death.

        Since Influenza Z is a bacterial disease, it could easily be cured with antibiotics. However, antibiotics take about 24 hours to work, and they have to be administered somehow. The disease inhibits one’s ability to understand and cooperate, and it also makes the victim eternally hungry. No doctor could give these patients antibiotics without being devoured.

        Even though there is no current way to distribute a cure, healthy humans should still take precaution and be aware of what a Septic looks like. Typical symptoms of a Septic include, but are not limited to:

·         Absence of iris or pupils

·         Red circles around the eyes

·         Open wounds in the skin (where the Septic may have been bitten)

·         Quick clotting of the blood

·         Rotting, yellow teeth

·         Halitosis (bad breath)

·         Pale complexion

·         Dry, fading hair

·         Moaning or growling

·         Enhanced sense of hearing and smell

        In addition to this, it is important to know that a Septic is NOT DEAD. The period of unconsciousness following infection is similar to that of a coma. A Septic is not dead until you kill it.

        That is our advice to you, then; kill it. Kill it before it eats you.

        Thank you for your time, and best of luck on your journey for survival.

                 ~Global Department of Infections and Diseases