Chapter Eight

I sat by the door, on the hotels little ironing rack. I got up to examine myself in the bathroom again. My hair was in one of the best fishtails I've ever made that wrapped around to my right shoulder. I had on a black high-waisted shorts with a pink muscle tee that I tucked into my shorts that read in pretty black cursive font 'Forget the Hype" with my black and white converse. I went for a natural look with my makeup, only a little bit of blush with eyeliner and mascara. One of the cutest things about my face, according to my friends were my freckles that were sprinkled across my entire face. My eyes were a greenish brown today.
*knock knock*
My stomach dropped.
I stepped up to the door and took a deep breath before answering.
A blue-eyed, blonde streaked hair, boy wearing a blue plaid button up shirt that he rolled up to his elbows with tan khaki shorts and gray vans stared down at me. He gave me a nervous smile and butterflies with knives fluttered and hacked my stomach.
"Hey" his voice, that voice I heard so many times in vines and YouTube videos, spoke to me.
"Hi" I danced on my tiptoes. His eyes traveled over me. I realized I probably did the same thing when I opened the door.
"Shall we go?" He asked politely.
"We shall" I teased and he smiled.
He brought me out where a limo.. Yes a freaking limo.. picked us up.
It dropped us off at Panera Bread first.
"I've never been to Panera Bread before" I confessed as we waited in line. His eyes got wide and he gave me look.
"Then let me order for you what everyone that's been to Panera has had at least once."
He ordered us both chicken noodle soup with extra bread and a giant cookie.
And I don't think I have ever tasted anything better.
The date was perfect. We talked about each other and the only thing that kinda sucked was when a girl came up asking him for a photo. She kissed him on the cheek, gave me a dirty look and walked off.
He seemed pretty embarrassed by it. "I'm really sorry about that! I wish nobody knew me!"
I looked down at my half eaten cookie and shrugged. "Only thing that bothered me is you let her kiss you" I muttered to myself.
"Yeah only on the cheek" he muttered back. I reddened, realizing he heard me.
"No I didn't-" I tried to explain but his laugh cut me off.
"Nah it's cute when girls get jealous"
I looked up at him through my eyelashes, one eyebrow raised. "Cute?"
He nodded with a big teasing smile.
"Your weird" I laughed.
After we finished, our next stop was a park. Surprisingly there were no kids. He sat right down into a swing and watched me as I climbed up onto the top of the actual swing set and took my hair out of my fishtail, it coming down in waves across my back.
"Well look at you spider monkey" he laughed and looked up at me, his hand shielding his eyes through the sunlight.
"I used to time myself and see how long it would take to climb these"
"What was your best time?" He asked.
"Like 15 seconds."
"Pft, I could beat that!" And at that he jumped up and climbed nimbly up, surprisingly fast. He ended up getting up in a matter of 19 seconds.
"Nice" I smiled as he sat next to me.
We sat in a comfortable silence, me watching him as he looked around the park.
"Have you ever wanted to kiss somebody really bad but you knew you should wait and see if you really like them?" He asked, still looking forward.
"Well... No.. But mostly because I haven't..." And I stopped myself. "Nevermind"
He looked over at me with a warm smile. "That's what I like about you. Your so innocent"
I looked down and let my hair cover my face. "How is being a prude innocent?"
"Your not a prude" he laughed. "You were gonna kiss me! I was the one to pull away."
He was right. I stayed silent then felt a hand under my chin, lifting it so I was drowning in those blue eyes. "Stop looking away from me" he smiled. "I noticed your eyes were more blue yesterday and now they're like brown."
He was gazing intently at them and I crossed them.
"Echo Reed, you might just be the most adorable girl I've ever had the pleasure to meet."
Hello butterflies.
Hi guys! Thank you for reading! I know that I don't have a lot of reads but that's okay cuz it's fun to make these anyway but thanks for the reads and props to that girl that keep voting for my story. Your awesome! But just again, thank you to everyone that's reading. Your all amazing and you make my day! I hope you guys enjoy my story! Xoxo