The day I made up my mind

The day I made up my mind, so cheerful, so hopeful, never did it occur to my pride, so disgraceful, so hateful, the things that may destroy my very mind. I was simple, yet kind, so selfless, so helpless, that I made up my very mind, too relentless, too mindless, that what is to come is said and done. In my head those words rung, intense, with resent, and here I walked forward determined for change, only to await the results of tremendous pain. Days passed, soon became a year since I had that ringing for change in my ear, provoking, hungering, and I take my steps to a brighter place without fear. Little did I know how the reckoning was near, all to call someone "dear." This was uncalled for, I didn't ask for for this monstrosity at the other side of the door, dishonest, unpromised, these lies shown before me in hurl furthermore, I risked exposure at the core. These things I did not want anymore. No longer up the ranks, I sunk low, forget it, regret it, this uncontrollable boat I could no longer row, with sadness all around as I missed the target with my bow, unattainable, disabled. Slowly this became my reality, but that may change with the state of my sanity.