Chapter 2.

She always stole my shine. She always wanted to compete with me. And this time, finally this time, she won. James tried to explain me over and over but I didn't care. The day he gave her that gift I was expected to stay home. He didn't know I was coming school and it looked as if everything was planned except for the part with me being there.

I could've beat the bïtch if I wanted, but I wasn't going to fight over James. He wasn't worth it.

We were currently at practice, stretching. I joined the cheerleading team as soon as I joined highschool and for my great skills I was promoted to cheer captain. Guess who got jealous and decided that she to wanted to be a cheerleader?

I would've never vote her in if she didn't have the skills and I didn't have the ability to kick her off the team for nothing. She soon arrived with her puppets stringing along behind her.

"You're late," I said as I shook my head at her, she rolled her eyes as she ignored me and one of her puppets spoke up, "Uhh, sorry captain. We had an incident in the urmm.. locker room," she said, there was always an excuse. The co-captain gave me a look and shook her head in disapproval as she continued stretching.

"Try to be on time next time," I said as I dismissed the conversation.

***

"One last time and then it's a wrap," I clapped as the girls did the routine over and nailed it perfectly. We were a strong and positive team that always brought new moves to the table.

The jocks whistled as they passed by us to get to their locker room. Their eyes mostly focused on our a*s. I was checking some things on my clipboard as Anthony, one of the best quarterbacks came up to me.

"Adriana.." he said as he smiled at me. He was handsome looking and definitely had every girl in this school eyes on him. He to was on the popular side. "I'm having a party tonight and I'd love to see you there." He said as I blushed at his shyness in front of me.

"I'll think about it," I responded to test him, I was obviously going to go but I had to make him beg for my entertainment. "What's there to think about? It's gonna be one of the best parties for this year, you can't miss it." He convinced me causing me to laugh and for his grin to widen.

***

"Adrianna, are you okay?" Francesca asked me as she saw I was playing with my lunch food and zoned out into my own world in space. I dropped my now cold fries as I looked up at her and smiled. "I'm just thinking about this competition, you know." I lied as I drank my water. "We got this, we are going to win, nothing to worry about A." She rubbed my forearm as I nodded.

Francesca is my close friend and co-captain of the cheerteam. I know I could talk to her about my problems but at the end of the day anyone can switch up and start talking your business.

"Don't look back now but here comes the new couple," Giana said, without hesitation I looked back to see Rebecca and James coming into the cafeteria hands in hands with smiles on their faces.

Making their way pass us I couldn't help but to say, "How are my leftovers?" With that being said she quickly lunged at me as James held her back. Everyone around my table quickly stood in a fighting stance ready as she glared at me causing me to smirk. "Does he do that tongue thing with you to?" I winked as I sat back down.

"Is this even necessary?" James asked as he sighed heavily, "Jamesy pooh, what is she talking about? Are you not going to defend me?" She spoke aggressively, with that James walked off leaving her to fend for herself.

"You're going to regret being born Adrianna! Mark my words." She threatened causing me to shake my head. I already regret being born.

***