Chapter Two: Getting to Know

Hiccup’s P.O.V.

It has been only a few days seen the finding of our new ‘friend’. She has been very corporative with us and clam (even with Snotlout hitting on her every time he see her), she even told us her name, Flair. But I can’t help feel like she’s holding some information back.

I walk up to her as she was helping Fishlegs clean Meatlug’s teeth. “Hey guys.”

“Oh hi Hiccup,” Fishlegs waves.

“Hello Hiccup, nice to see you,” Flair gave a quick smile and continues to clean the gronckle’s sharp teeth.

“How have you been Flair? Any pain at all?” Hiccup asks.

“Nope, Not at all,” she stops brushing, “Looks like your all done girl.”

“That’s great.” I look to my friend, “Can I talk to you outside?”

Fishlegs nodded as he and I walk outside. “What’s up Hiccup?” Fishlegs asks.

“How has she been doing?”

“Great,” Fishlegs smiles, “she’s been a great help and the dragons seem to love her.”

We both look over to her; she was making baby noises as she scratch the Gronckle’s chin.

“Nothing out of the ordinary?” I ask with great concern.

Fishlegs took a moment to think. “Nothing I can think of. She zones out sometimes, but that’s pretty normal right.”

“Has she said anything about her past?”

“Nope,” Fishlegs shook his head.

I patted my friend on the shoulder before walking to Flair. She stopped her scratching when she saw me approaching.

“How have you been Flair?”

He smile grew as she answered, “Great. Everyone is so kind to me and the dragons are so nice. I think even Astrid is starting to like me. Earlier today she put my hair up with some twine,” she points to ponytailed hair. “It was getting all over the place and made it hard to work, so I guess she saw and just put it up.”

“That’s great,” I respond.

“I must thank you again for the clothes.” She looks down at herself. She was wearing one of my old green shirts and brown pants. They had holes and were torn in many places. “They’re better to work in than that dress of mine.”

“Indeed that is,” I pause, “Hey Flair.” She stood up and now was at face level. “Do you remember anything from your past?”

She looks down at the ground then back at me. “Not a thing,” she answers.

I nod my head. “Well I hope you remember soon.”

She gives me a quick smile before continuing Meatlug’s rubbing.

I say my good byes and walk myself home. On the way Astrid caught me by surprise.

“What did she say?” she demanded.

I took a moment to breathe, “She’s really happy and she still can’t remember anything.”

Astrid crossed her arms in frustration. “Don’t you think she’s lying?”

“Now that may be possible, but so is memory loose.”

Astrid huffs, “But it’s clear that it is.”

“Listen Astrid,” I placed my hand on her shoulder, “She has given the village no trouble yet so can’t do anything rash.”

“I know I just don’t want another Heather incident,” she sighs.

“I know and that’s way we have everyone on Berk keeping an eye on her.”

Astrid took a breath, “Okay.” She punches me in the arm and kisses my cheek. “I’m keeping a close eye on her.”

No one’s P.O.V.

It’s now night and everyone is at rest, everyone but the mysterious blonde Flair. She sits up on top of the great halls roof looking at the stars.

“The stars are so beautiful tonight,” she says as turns around. Behind her craws up Toothless, his ears back and mouth at a snarl. “It’s alright love,” she slowly begins to craw to Toothless. “I mean on harm.” She sticks out her hand, Toothless growls softly at her. “I mean no harm,” she repeats. Finally she taps him gently with her finger. With that one touch Toothless clams himself and sits up with his big eyes.

Flair sits on her knees and cups Toothless face as well as can with her small hands.

“I simply couldn’t help myself,” she whispers softly, “The stars are just so beautiful.” She leans down and gently kisses the dragon’s noise. “Now we should be getting to bed.”

Toothless’s ears peck up as he jumps off the roof. Flair giggles before following down.