EPILOGUE

FIVE YEARS LATER

"UGH, COME ON!" A four-year-old Nicolette tugged on her father's hand impatiently. "We have to get there before all the good books are taken!"

"She really is your daughter." Adam told his wife, letting his daughter pull him to the newly built library in Villenevue. Because it was the grand opening, Adam and Celeste made sure that all of the castle staff was also in attendance. The library was just on the outskirts of the village, it was really the only place such a large building would fit. It could only be compared to the library in the castle and the entire kingdom welcomed it. Once the curse was broken, it seemed as though everything fell into place. Everyone got along much better, though the Bimbette's still disliked Belle.

The library and broken curse aside, a lot had changed in the last five years. Adam and Celeste became the King and Queen of the kingdom shortly after getting married, and not long after Nicolette was born. The royal couple made regular visits to the village, though much of the time it was to see the remaining family she had there. Belle became a reading teacher and played a large role in getting the library built. LeFou was happier than he'd ever been and was still dating Stanley. Once the curse was broken, it seemed as though everything fell into place. Everyone got along much better, though the Bimbette's still disliked Belle.

Nicolette continued to shove her way through the crowd of villagers that had now gathered around the library, letting go of Adam's hand. She slowed down when her parents continually scolded her, and it was mostly because Celeste threatened to take her right back to the castle if she wasn't more polite.

Their barely one-year-old son, Julien, babbled in delight as Celeste carried him through the village. "And she is most definitely your daughter with those manners."

There was a long pause before Adam basically grumbled, "I don't see anything wrong with being excited about books."

"What's wrong, darling?" Celeste asked, almost mockingly. "Did I wound your ego?"

Adam didn't have a verbal response. He only stuck his tongue out at the Queen, which resulted in a playful eye roll from her and a giggle from their miniature version of the brunette.

As soon as the couple entered the library they spotted their daughter at the tallest bookshelf, pointing at different books and excitingly talking to Maurice. He picked her up and held her above his head so that she could grab a book from a higher shelf.

"I am going to go find Belle." Celeste told the King, giving him a kiss on the cheek before parting ways.

Adam approached his mother-in-law and leaned against the table next to her. Though they had a fairly rough start — she was the one that cursed him and the castle, after all — the two got along fairly well now. He couldn't have any resentment for the woman, even if he wanted to. "I don't think I ever thanked you, Agathe."

"I don't need one, dear." Agathe smiled, patting Adam's arm. "Seeing my daughter be this happy is all the thanks I need."

Adam looked at his wife as she talked to Belle and Plumette, Julien sound asleep in Celeste's arms. The brunette looked at her husband when she sensed him looking at her. She smiled at him the same way she had for the last five years, full of admiration and love. It was a look Adam never got tired of seeing. He looked at his daughter being chased by Chip, both giggling loudly. "If it weren't for the curse, I wouldn't have this amazing life."

"Papa!" Nicolette ran into her fathers arms and he easily picked her up. "I want to write a book one day!"

Adam raised his brow at the miniature version of himself. "Oh yeah?" He asked, a smile on his face. "What about?"

"You and Mama!" The child replied giddily, "I already have a title!" She paused to add a dramatic flare, something that she clearly got from her father and was rather good at. "It's gonna be Beauty and the Beast!"

*****

well, this is the official end to black magic! this took so much longer to get out than I originally thought, but it also did much better too. thank you so much for those who stuck around from the very beginning, I really do appreciate it. I hope you all enjoyed reading this as much as I liked writing it!

I love y'all so much and thanks again for reading!