四 (Part 4)

Pinky's POV

"You guys are the selected seniors that will be the committee this incoming sport fest. It's up to you where do you want to be assigned. There should be in charge of cleaning, preparation, and medic. You can also ask help to the other students but be sure to lead them well. Be ready because this will be after your exams. That's all, you can go now."

"xiexie laoshi!" we all thanked Mrs. Lu and left her office.

The selected seniors were euwoo, rena, zhengting, ziyi, xukun, and me. I smell another responsibility~ JEEZ. after a tremendous stress on the exam week and then this! But thank goodness! I'm with my two reliable bestfriends.

The six of us went to the classroom so we could discuss on where we would be assigned.

"So we need two people for each work.  Any volunteer? " Cai Xukun asked. I'm honestly clueless on where I want to be. I'll just choose whatever my friends would choose.

"I volunteer to be assigned for the preparation!" Zhengting exclaimed.

"Ahm, eunwoo and I can be the responsible for cleaning." Rena said. Okay, so me too, cleaning it is.

"I will choose cleaㅡ"
but wait, it's only two people each right? capital N-I-C-E! argh!
"Hey how about me?! " I feel so betrayed!

"Sorry!" Nevermind, I'll just take back the word reliable.

"I'm gonna go for the preparation!  I will never want to be a medic, hahaha".

I don't have a choice already as soon as ziyi picked the remaining option. I didn't think that he'll left xukun cause as far as I know,  they were like a magnet that can't be separated.

"Sorry bro! I know you can handle that."

"So, Pinky and I will be the medic. Is that
okay to you?" with that, xukun looked at me.

"Is there any other choice?"

Then suddenly, the bell rang.

"We're all fine with it!" the two girls said in unison.

"It's clear then. See you guys!"

Everyone made their way to the exit while Zhengting bid his goodbye. But xukun went back to face me.

"Pinky, can we meet later?"

"For what?"

"It's just... just about the committee thing".  committee thing huh? I thought everything was settled already.

"Okay, fine. "

"The usual place, 5:00pm. Bye!" I heard him shout and ran on his way to exit.

ㅡㅡㅡ

The cold breeze was brushing to my skin as I rushed towards the school gate. The side of my lips went up to my ears when I saw Li Xikan standing there, talking with nongnong. The wind blowing his perfectly styled ash-brown hair slightly to his face.

"Hi kankan!" I greeted him. "Hey Nongnong!" and Chen Linong as well.

"Hello Pinky-jie!" Nongnong greeted me back happily, still wearing that huge smile of his but Xikan didn't.

"Aish, Xikan, are you still salty because I keep calling you kankan?"

"Why? That nickname is so cute!" linong's right. I thought so too.

"It's pretty childish."

"No it's not. Look at mine, it's nongnong."

"But because you're cute that's why it suits you."

"Come on! you're cute too, so it suits you too." I said and he smiled. omg! that smile.

"Okay fine. "

ㅡㅡㅡ

I'm now waiting on the park where xukun wants to meet me. It's already 5:05pm and he's still not here. I found a bench beside a tree and sat there. While I'm waiting, I noticed something on the tree. The words that were carved were still perfectly clear and can be easily seen. Little did I know, while reading those words, tears started to form in my eyes.

"Pinky!" I saw a tall figure standing in front of me.

"Oh wait, are you crying?" I realized that it was xukun.

"ahm n-no. the wind was too ahmm s-strong. yeah that's right it was strong that's why the dust came to my eyes. "

"Hahaha. okay I'll just pretend that I believe what you say. " He said as he sat down beside me. He knew me too well, even if I made an extremely believable excuse, it's nonsense.

"So why did you wanted to meet me? What about the committee thing?"

"I just wanted to see you."

"WHAT?" I was shocked by his response.

"Chill! I'm just joking, I just wanted to say that we should practice first aid by now."

"Now? As in, at this moment?"

I'm still gonna study for my exams! I wasn't able to study in the library earlier because I kept on bugging Li Xikan. I feel sorry for him though.

"No no, I mean as soon as possible. " well,  that was a relief.

"Okay, but ahm, I didn't choose this work so, it's normal that I don't know how to perform first aid."

"I know that haha. That's why I wanted to meet you. I will teach you how."

"You promise?"

"I promise."

Then the next words that left his mouth made my heart ache a bit.

"you're the one who broke a promise. "

Silence filled the both of us. I felt awkward but at the same time guilty.

"I'm sorry" I muttered. "I'm so sorry"
This time more louder and sincere.

"Forget it." a verge of tears can be heard on his voice. "I've got to go now. My mom said I should go home immediately. Bye!"
he bid me a goodbye while sprinting on his way home.

----------

Vocabulary:

Xiexie - Thankyou
Laoshi - Teacher

Please don't forget to vote! Thankyou!

~yoonmicah11💞