Chapter 2- It All Goes Downhill

2 weeks later

Selena

I just got back from Dairy Queen with mom. I'm happy that I get to go places in the week time now because school is out.

This ice cream is really good. After I scrape the sides and get every drop, I throw the trash away and run upstairs to my moms room bit before I can go in, I hear my parents yelling and screaming at each other. They are starting to argue a lot and I don't like it. I just go back downstairs and sit on the couch to watch tv.

I hear some glass break and I get worried so I go back upstairs to see what is happenning. I crack their door open and peak in and see my mom sitting on the bed.

Me: Mommy, what happened?

Mom: Selena, siente por favor, ven. (Selena, sit down please, go.)

I go back to my tv show and then mom. comes down here to start making dinner.

When we are all at the table eating, ot os quiet until dad says something.

Dad: Selena, me and your mother have somethinng to tell you. Its going to help. a lot of the problems that we have and make us all happier.

Me: What is it?

Dad: We are getting a divorce. We actually decided a long time ago and it will be finalized by next month.

When I hear what he said, I sit still and stare into space, thinking. Then I back away from the table and run upstairs to my room.

Mom: See what you did!

Dad: Me?!..

I slam my door, I didn't want to hear anymore. I fall onto my bed and put my head in my pillow. After a while of crying, I fall asleep.

My parents were divorced by the end of the month. I felt alone and like I had nobody. After that, I just lived my life how I wanted to...

Next Night

Tanisha

Mommy just left for work a little bit ago. I took my bath and everything and now I'm sitting in my room reading my book. I hear my door open and look up at Erik.

Erik: What you reading, sweetie?

He talks nice to me and that hasn't happened in a while.

Me: Where the wild ones are.

He closes my door and walks towards me.

Me: What are you doing?

Erik: I just want to teach you something really cool. It helps the body feel better when you dont feel good, it works all the time.

Me: What is it?

He unbuttons his pants and pulls out a long piece of his body from between his legs.

Me: What is that?

Erik: This is the thing that helps make people feel better.

Me: Cool. How does it work?

Erik: Usually, you have to suck on it in order for it to feel good or other times, you know the hole between your legs?

I mod my head, trying to understand what he was saying.

Erik: Thats how it works but it won't work if you tell somebody, its only between you and me. its a secret or it won't stop hurting.

Me: But mommy told me that no one is supposed to touch me in that spot.

Erik: Just let me show you how good it feels.

Me: But I don't hurt right now…

Erik: It will still make you feel better than you do now. Just lay back.

(I won't be making the molestation scene because I don't want to offend anybody reading the book and also because thos crime and others like it are just sickening )

Next Day

I wake up and go to the bathroom. It hurts while I pee and then I see blood. I think its just a sore so I flush the toilet and go in the kitchen. While I look through the fridge for soemthing to eat, Erik walks in and I don't look at him. I am just uncomfortable with being around him. I close the fridge and go in my room. I don't think he was supposed to do that, he is too old. My mommy will be really upset but its not my fault. I asked him to stop and he didnt and then he just got and and left after I wouldn't put my mouth on his thingy. I start crying and grab my legs and put them against my chest. My door opens and I look up looking for Erik but its my mom.

Mom: Sweetie, whats wrong??

She comes over and sits next to me rubbing my back. I look into her eyes.

Me: *whispering* Is Erik gone?

Mom: Yes baby. Why? Whats the matter?

Me: Last night... He did something that he wasn't supposed to do. I didn't want him to do it but he wouldn't stop when I asked him to… I'm so sorry, mommy.

I cry and put my head on my knees. She stares into space for a second.

Mom: Baby, I know you are really sad right now but I need you to tell me exactly what he did to you.

Me: He touched my lady part and tried put his fingers in but I pushed him away. Then he put his boy part to mine and then tried to put it in my mouth. He got mad when I wpuldnt do it and left my room.

Mom: Nothing ever went inside of your lady part?

Me: No. Only on it.

Mom: Sweety, there are things that you don't ever allow someone to do to you. You are right, he was NOT supposed to touch you in any way. You are only a child and that is not allowed for you. He is going to get in big trouble for doing what he did because that is very wrong. You are a really smart, brave girl for telling somebody. You should be proud of yourself, honey.

Me: Thank you, mommy.

Mom: *kisses Tanishas forehead* I love you

Me: I love you too.

Over the month and a half, I was questioned a lot and we all went to court. Erik went to jail for a really long time and me and my mom went to live our lives happily…