Chapter 24

Waking up to a hangover, Yoongi groaned as he propped himself up on the couch. He looked to his side and saw Namjoon sprawled up on the couch with his mouth open and saliva trickling down his cheek. The brunet snickered and sneakily took a photo and used that as his wallpaper.

Namjoon suddenly woke up and sat down looking around and saw the sight of Yoongi snickering at his phone.

"What are you laughing at?" Namjoon narrowed his eyes as he was suspicious at Yoongi.

"Oh, nothing just a treasure". Yoongi said as he grinned, gums showing. Namjoon lunged and tackled Yoongi which took Yoongi by surprise. The younger was trying to grab the phone from the older which he just was moving it away from the younger's reach.

"Yoongi, give me that damn phone!" Namjoon shouted as he struggled.

"Then take it if you can." Yoongi childishly said as he stuck his tongue out and continued laughing.

Namjoon stopped struggling for awhile which made Yoongi stop too. They stared at each other for awhile and was silent for a whole minute.

I  think..... I want to kiss him? Namjoon thought, unsure. Yoongi was feeling a bit embarrassed and awkward, so he pushed Namjoon's face away. 

"Yah, you're too close, I can smell your breath. So stinky." Yoongi wrinkled his nose, pinched his nose, mimicking the act of smelling something bad. 

Namjooon looked appalled, but soon laughed. "Okay, okay I'll brush my teeth, but show me what you were laughing at!" Namjoon narrowed his eyes and playfully held up two fingers in front of his eyes then pointed it at Yoongi, showing that he was watching him. Namjoon walked to the bathroom and Yoongi slapped his cheeks quietly to let the blush subside. Why the hell does this shit always happen?

Suddenly, Yoongi's phone rang, snapping him out of his thoughts. Rei was calling.

"Yoboseyo?" Yoongi answered.

"You're late. Wake Namjoon up too." Rei said with a stern voice. Yoongi was shocked by the assumption Rei had dished out.

"How'd you know Namjoon's here?" Yoongi asked as he scratched his head.

"Seriously, Yoongi? I'm a smart independent woman, don't think that I don't know what's happening between you two." Rei smirked.

"Shut up!" Yoongi blushed. "Can't we take the day off? You knew that I got drunk last night. C'monnnn~" Yoongi pleaded. 

"No you have lots of work to do today. I told you not to get too drunk last night, but you went ahead and did it anyway. Deal with it. I'll see you both in thirty." Rei said and hung up without even waiting for Yoongi's reply. Damn that woman is so brutal, I can't believe she's got a husband even when she's gone THAT senile at such a young age. Yoongi thought and just groaned. He relayed the message to Namjoon and proceeded to make breakfast.

------

"I said in thirty? What took the both of you so damn long?" Rei said angrily as she met with the two men in the lobby. Yoongi just rolled his eyes, but Namjoon apologized and bowed while smiling sheepishly. Namjoon slapped Yoongi's back to apologize, so he did half-heartedly.

"Right, there's someone upstairs waiting for you." Rei said as she pushed her glasses back up, her tone getting serious, which made Yoongi a little nervous.

"Who?"

"You'll see."

Namjoon looked at both of them with a nervous look, it' as if something he was dreading to happen was going to happen.

-----

The elevator doors opened and Yoongi's eyes immediately darted around to see if that person was there; and indeed he was. The orange-haired boy immediately stood up as he saw Yoongi in the elevator with a big and soft smile on his face.

"Hyung." He said gently.

"H-Hoseok?" Yoongi froze and found it hard to speak once he heard Hoseok's voice.

Rei placed her hand on Yoongi's shoulder. "If you need me, I'll be at my desk." Rei seriously said to the brunet specifically as she walked towards her cubicle, but not without the mysterious man stopping her.

"Rei-ssi! It's been so long. I didn't recognize you when I saw you downstairs." Hoseok excitedly greeted. Rei stayed silent, bowed and walked away. Hoseok pouted as he walked toward Yoongi. "Rei-ssi is still like this to me, Yoongi tell her to be nicer."

"Uh... yeah... sure." Yoongi answered softly, as he was forcing a smile. "Do... you need anything?"

"I came back for you. I finally found my real parents and I want you to meet them."

Yoongi can't help but feel happy and genuinely smile as he found out the news. He grabbed Hoseok's wrists in delight and said, "I'm happy that you finally found them. I hope they're well."

"You can tell that to them when you come visit! I'll go back to Amsterdam after 3 weeks. You can bring mom and dad too!" Hoseok said excitedly as he grabbed Yoongi's hands instead.

Seeing the sight of them being happy and reunited was a sinking feeling for Namjoon as he knows that Yoongi can still be swayed by Hoseok. 

Yoongi's soft smile dropped and shook off Hoseok's hold on his hand. "I'm sorry Hoseok, but I can't go." Yoongi knows that if he goes with him to Amsterdam, he's going to be trapped in thinking Hoseok is his only life. He's loved Hoseok for so long and if he has to let go for a second time, he thinks it's going to shatter him.

"Why, hyung?" Hoseok asked, trying to be cute.

"I.... I just can't." Yoongi sighed and looked away from Hoseok.

Namjoon sensed how uncomfortable Yoongi was already so he decided to press the elevator button going down and grabbed Yoongi's hand. "Hello, I'm sorry, but Yoongi and I will be taking our leave now." Namjoon suddenly said to Hoseok which surprised them both.

Namjoon and Yoongi entered the elevator and left a dumbfounded Hoseok behind.

-----

hi... honestly dk what to say it's been so long and I have risen from the dead.... not really. Long story short, college has been sucking the life out of me, but since the coronavirus outbreak, we were given a week's suspension... and now I could relax. I decided to go back to my books and I really really wanted to finish this one, so I will try my best to finish this, anyway kudos to those who still lived to see my updates haha enjoy.

Sydney