Chapter 13 - Every Step of The Way

It's been almost two months since you begin everything all over again.

Everything except your relationship with Daichi goes the way it should be. Karasuno made it the preliminary round, and today it's the first step toward the final of Miyagi qualifieres. You were not as worried as you felt like before because you already knew that Karasuno wins the final and Daichi's dream to bring the team to national became true.

it leaves you at ease and enjoy your time with Daichi in between his tight schedule and be the supporting girlfriend you never have before. Although, sometimes you worrying him by being paranoia every time the two of you walking on the side road. You would go super, absolute, overprotective-mode every time a car passed by.

The only thing you were dreaded was your birthday, you can change a few things so far, but then again there are some things that happened the way it happened before. You were afraid that day when you lost him will just repeat itself. You can only come up with the idea that you will never gonna let Daichi anywhere near that damned intersection road, you were not even planning to ask him to spend your birthday with him.

When the lunch break bell rang, you wasting no time and hurried to the broadcast room. This time around the boy volleyball team must be getting prepared for the second match to pass the preliminary round. Before you could be reached the broadcasting room you were bumping into Kouhei, just the right person you were looking for.

"Kouhei! Perfect!" You beamed.

"Huh? What do you want?" He asked warily.

"I want you to not take any job for the band on October" you blurted.

He paused for a long time, "what?"

"Don't take any job in October!" You repeated sternly.

He shook his head, "I mean- why? It's still August, what are you talking about?"

"I don't know... but somewhere in October your uncle will call you, someone on the band he hired got an accident, and that they can't perform on his wedding, and then--"

"Whoa whoa whoa... how did you know my uncle getting married in October?"

"You.. told me" you shrugged.

"That's funny, because I just know about it last night from my mom, I couldn't possibly tell you that because I went to sleep after that, and except you were creeping up outside my window, there's no way you know about it..." he paused, "wait... are you? ...outside my window last night?"

"What? No! Ugh... just--here!" You took his hand and give him a name card, "this is the number of the guy who is the leader of--I forgot the name of the band, their genre is jazz-but they said they can play anything else, I confirmed that myself. Don't lose it! and remember when your uncle call, tell him 'we can't' and give him that number"

Kouhei looked dumbfounded between you and the card. "Hey! Focus!" You slapped his cheek, not too hard to hurt him but enough to gain his attention, "did you hear what I just said?"

"Yes I did," he swatted your hand from in front of his face, "but what this is all about? Why you'd go so far as to find some band for things that not-"

"Because I want to watch Daichi's on the final" you shrugged.

"You mean the volleyball match... final?"

"Do you think Daichi playing baseball too or what?" You asked sarcastically,

"Aren't they still in the preliminary round right now?" Kouhei rolled his eyes

"How did you know?" You breathed in awe, you know there's nothing he doesn't know about this school, he even knows how to get a warm-fresh-out-from-the-oven special smoked beef-sandwich they sold in the cafeteria only on Tuesday (he said: "after the bell rang wait until five minutes when the lady put a new tray). People like, come to him if they want to get some information on someone or places. His network of people even reached another school, even out of town--after he became best buddy with Ichirou, Akio, and Jirou on the vacation at Kesennuma.