chapter 15

Marissa's pov

Demi's family arrived two hours later. They agreed to tube Demi, because she just couldn't bear the smell of food, and definitely couldn't eat. How I wish she would get well soon! Ugh and I have to live alone again. And the hospital banned everyone from visiting Demi for two weeks, so these days are going to be boring.

Demi's pov

Battling in the hospital without anyone I knew was extremely hard. My inner demon kept telling me that Wilmer lives inside of every food, and if I eat, I love Wilmer, so I didn't eat for like four or five days. Sometimes I just wanna scream my lungs out because of the holy pressure but I'm in the hospital, so I'm not allowed. Well my schedule is like, pray whenever you can, have breakfast at eight, lunch at half past twelve and dinner at six, and go to sleep latest at ten thirty. This is lame and I got the lamest nurse, Vena, but this is healthy and I wanna get out of here as fast as possible. On the sixth day I couldn't stand it, so I just shouted at the nurse who was going to tube me with an evil smirk,"GET MY FUCKING FOOD HERE TUBING ME AINT GONNA HELP BITCH!!!!"she immediately dropped everything in her hands and ran out of the room. "Swearing ain't gonna help too."Vena popped her head into my room,"pray to god now to beg for his forgiveness for you swearing." I rolled my eyes, but in my heart I prayed. I don't know why, but I felt extraordinarily peaceful these days. And I start to think it's god. I looked at the bowl of apples and the coconut water in front of me, and a force came pushing through my throat, but I swallowed it. I pleaded Vena to turn on the coconut song for me, which she refused according to the 17th hospital rule or some lame rules, but she gave up at last lmao. I was laughing like a retard while I was eating, and found out actually happiness can beat the inner demon inside you, and apples are actually scrumptious. I finished the bowl after an hour and Vena was so surprised. Then she went on her phone. Wow thanks Vena show not tell.