Prologue

August 27th, 2019

"Oh, hello there. I'm Sydney, Sydney Woods. Alot of my close friends call me Syd though. Notice how I used friends with an s. I only have one close friend and her name is Heav, short for Heaven of course.

Allow me to tell you more about myself, im 16, a Junior in Highschool, I'm about 5'10 and i moved from California to North Carolina a few months ago. I live with my mother and my dad is happily out of the picture. We moved all the way across the country JUST to get away from him. He rather be a gang banger and rob stores and shoot people instead of taking care of me. I've done perfectly fine without him so I really don't care, I think...

Anyway, this is really the only time I've ever made a big move like this that involves me changing schools. I'm honestly quiet at times but trust me, I'm not afraid to stand up for myself when i have to. Although I didnt want to leave Cali, I'm still excited. I've always wanted to go to North Carolina because it's not as crowded as Cali, and plus I get to meet Heaven for the first time. Oh, did I forget to mention that we are Internet best friends? Yeah, we met on Instagram."

"Sydney! Come down stairs and take out the trash please."

Ugh. "That's mom calling, see ya tomorrow." -Sydney

My mom thinks me writing about my problems will help with my attitude. I don't mean to have one or anything, I just can't help it sometimes.

I walk downstairs into the kitchen and then I see another person talking to my mom. "Heaven?" I say in a question. She turns around with a smile on her face and replies with "Hey Syd!" I immediately run up to her and give her a tight embrace.

"I had no clue you were going to surprise me!" I said loosening my grip on her waist. "Yeah I'm pretty sure that's the point of a surprise." She replied in a "duh" tone.
"She's here to show you to your new school so you won't be lost on the first day." My mom smiled at me.
"Wait, we're going to the same school??" I looked at her shocked.
"Yep! Cool right? Now let's goo because the school closes in an hour."

With that, I put on my black and white Nike slides with my black wind breaker, kissed my mom on the cheek and I was out the door. The school was a cool 20 minutes away from my house so if I needed to walk, it wasn't far. I followed Heav out the car to the main office and asked for my class schedule.
"Are you new here sweetheart?" The old woman asked me.
"Yes ma'am, I am." I replied.
She smiled at me and printed my classes out and then handed me the paper.
"Oh thats perfect, all your classes are not far apart from each other. If you have any questions about anything, my name is Ms. Pam." She smiled.
I thanked her and Heav and I started walking around.
"Why is there so many people here?" I asked.
"Because today and tomorrow are the main days were people come to set up their lockers and look for their classes."

60 minutes later

By this time I was ready to go home and sleep. We've been walking around the whole school for a whole hour and these Nike slides were not cutting it.

"Last but not least, this is Mr. Cain's room yo-" I immediately blocked her out and focused on the tall skinny figure that walked past me. He looked at me and smiled as he turned the corner and disappeared down the hall.
Damn..

"Um, hellooo. Did u hear anything I said or we're u too busy starring and slender man overthere?" Heav snapped in my face.
"Girl, he's cute as hell.. Who is that?" I asked her still staring at the last place I saw him.
"Oohh, you don't wanna know."

YALLLL!! I HAVE NOT BEEN ON THIS APP IN 8 MONTHS😱!! I've kinda been bettering myself tbh. And I've been watching basketball alot on TV and I've seen alot of fine ass players😉😂
I think I've gotten better at writing stories and stuff so I'll do my best to make this one bomb asf. All I have to do is not be lazy🤦.

Feel free to give me tips on the story y'all. I will gladly take the advice.

(P.S I'm starting this book from when he was 17 and by the end he will be 21.)

See y'all next chapter🖤🖤 ~Myla