Letters

¿Chapter 17?

Bailey's POV

My aunt died on April the 6th, 2009. I was sitting outside the room, Mia and my father were with Noelle. Mia ran out the door crying. I grabbed Elizabeth and ran in room 206. The line was strait, her eyes were closed shut and she wasn't moving. My heart felt like I had just been stabbed 20 times. I've dealt with loss before but it had never felt like this.
~
Friday, April 10th, 2009

Today was my aunts funeral. Everyone in the room was wearing black, usually I would think it was depressing but today I found comfort in darkness.
I sat in the front row as the pastor talked about how wonderful a person my aunt was. Dan was sitting to my right, I hated to be seen crying. I hid my face in his jacket most of the service.

"Noelle's last wish was to have these letters delivered to her loved ones. Please come to collect you're letter if I call your name." Pastor Abner said.
~
The envelope was wet with my tears. I was so happy to see her handwriting again. I opened it up and it read,

"Dearest Bailey,

I'm sorry I had to leave the world like this. I know you'll want to shut people out, please don't. Do it for me. Don't stop living because I did.

I'm alright, really I am. I'll be with Gram & Gramps waiting to see you once more. This is not goodbye, Bailey.

This may be my end; but certainly not yours. Live life to the fullest. I love you.

-Aunt Noelle"

I look up still crying from my beautiful letter and out of the corner of my eye, no one had been paying any attention to her. Something about her seem strangely familiar. She had long brown wavy hair, a young face, and dark mysterious eyes. The woman was wearing a white dress as well, how did I not noticed her earlier? I felt someone touch my shoulder, I started spinning around to see who it was.

"What are you looking at?" Dan asked me.

"The woman over there." I turned back to show him but she wasn't there.

Instead, behind where the woman was standing was a picture of my aunt when she was in her early 20's.

My aunt was the woman standing in the corner.