Forgot to Mention...

The day went smoothly other than that. Since I had come into work late, I ended up staying a little later too. Although Jade liked to get to work early, she usually left an hour before everyone else. Today though, she decided to stay with me, even when everyone else had left.

"Are you almost done?" she asked in the quiet store as I closed out all the browsers on my computer. I nodded and glanced up at her as she walked over to me. She had on a long-sleeved dress which as usual, hugged her figure quite nicely and today showed only minimal cleavage.

I stood up and smiled, "What are your plans for this evening?"

Jade shrugged and said, "Just going home; cooking. What about you?"

I told her nothing, probably the same, so she invited me over. "To your house?" I asked in shock.

"Yes, my house, Linnea. The place where I live and sleep; I don't camp out in my office every night."

I bit my lip nervously, "Sorry, another stupid question, huh?"

Jade rolled her eyes, but then she grabbed my hand and led me to the door. I followed her home in my car. She lived about twenty minutes pass where I stayed in a nice little neighborhood.

Her house was ranch style, and it was beautiful! It sat a bit back from the road, but as we got closer, I could tell how nice it was. It was a light-colored brick house with dark shutters. The front porch had two tall plants, one on either side of the door. Also, the walk-way to the front was lined with mini bushes and pretty flowers. She had a three car garage and when she pulled into park, I noticed a sports-like motorcycle parked inside. She didn't strike me as a biker, but I guess there were new things for me to discover about her.

I got out the car and for a moment, the bike seemed different. If only for a moment, it seemed to flash. It was...not grey. I blinked though, and it was gone. I shook my head in confusion before letting it pass over and bouncing over to Jade's car.

"Your house is beautiful," I told her as I walked into her garage. I had parked outside obviously, but she was heading inside the house through the garage.

She gave me a dry thanks. I was starting to get used to her sudden attitude changes. When we walked in, we stepped into a very nice kitchen. Counters bordered the wall with a huge island in the center. She had a lot of little decorations like little fake fruits and baskets on the counters and paintings on the wall. It then opened up to her living room.

"Damn, about time you're home!" I heard a man's voice call from back in the house. My heart sort of dropped and a swarm of nervousness overtook me for some reason. Out came a guy wearing only some sweat pants and socks. He yawned and sort of looked surprised to see me standing behind Jade.

"As if you have anywhere to go, Rowan. I was helping Linnea here finish up," she snapped at him.

Rowan looked me up and down and I stared back at him, probably not as intimidating though. Rowan was tall, dark, and mean looking. His hair was shaved and was cut to have waves. He had a clean, shaved face; dark eyes; a really angry frown.

Rowan folded his arms and it was almost as if he flexed his muscles to show off or something. "I'm just saying," he said rather bitterly not taking his eyes off of me for a moment.

I stood awkwardly in the kitchen before Jade motioned me to follow her. I walked behind her, back past him where he stood still and standing his ground. He eyed me from the corner of his eye as we passed and I just shifted my eyes to the floor.