Chapter 2

I screamed as the portal whisked me left and right down and up through a hole in the ground. When we came through the ground burst open and we all landed with a splash in stickiness.

ME: "Where are we?! Why is it so sticky!" 

ALICE: "It's marshmallow. We've landed in the Mellow Marsh of Wonderland!"

"I hate this bloody place!"

ALICE: "Careful knave we've landed in the marshmallow marsh."

Knave: "Of course, we did. Because a pond made out of dessert topping makes perfect sense."

I giggled at his sarcasm. I finally got loose from the marsh and before I knew it I was standing on the dock with the rabbit.

ME: "So, now can we do introductions? Or am I going to stay clueless the whole time? Alice?!"

ALICE: "Right. Um, Rabbit...Knave...this is Katie...I think...Katie what happened to you?!"

I raised an eyebrow.

ME: "What do you mean? I'm fine Alice."

ALICE: "Well, I'm very certain you didn't have wings when we were in London. And your eyes are turning different colors! They are green but turning pink I think..."

My eyes widened and i suddenly wished I had a mirror so I could see what the bloody hell she was talking about. To my surprise a mirror appeared. I gasped.

Knave: "Where the bloody hell did that come from?!"

ME: "Not sure. I just wished for it in my head I think. Um...guys not that being a fairy isn't exciting but um... you're sinking."

They seemed to ignore me.

Alice: "Okay, Rabbit. Where's Cyrus? Tell us where you saw him."

White Rabbit: "Well, I didn't exactly see him. Did you tell her I saw him?"

Knave: "That is what you said."

White Rabbit: "Well, it was a figure of speech."

Knave: "Nope! I'm pretty sure it wasn't."

White Rabbit: "What I meant was I was having tea with the Dormouse and he said that he saw him."

Knave: "So we came all the way here on the word of a narcoleptic rodent."

I giggled.

ME: "Guys, you're sinking."

Alice: "Ignore him, Rabbit. Go on."

Again I was ignored.

White Rabbit: "He said Cyrus was at the Mad Hatter's old place. It's abandoned. The Hatter, he hasn't been in Wonderland for quite some time."

Knave: "And he ain't never coming back! He's found himself a nice little life back in a place where I was making mine. A place I might add, where the dragonflies aren't actually dragons! Rabbit, are you getting taller?"

White Rabbit: "Quite possibly. That kind of thing happens quite a lot around here."

ME: "LIKE I SAID BEFORE YOU'VE BEEN SINKING FOR 5 MINUTES NOW!"

The knave began to panic.

Knave: "We're sinking. I can't move me feet."

ME: "Well, I tried telling you but between my wing/magic panic and Alice's where's Cyrus moment, you all ignored me!"

Knave: "Magic! That's it! Try thinking us out of here Katie!"

I did exactly that. I thought of what I wanted to happen and snapped my fingers. Seconds later the knave and Alice were standing next to me in a sticky white mess. I snapped my fingers and they became clean.

Knave: "Oh thank you so much Katie!"

He grabbed me in a hug and squeezed. My face heated up.

ME: "So, shall I call you Knave or do you have a name?"

He smirked and it made me blush again. He held out a hand.

"The name's Will. Will Scarlett. Nice to meet you Katie."