1|First Night

It's just another night.

Ball gowns, and men in tuxedos were scattered round about. Chandeliers hung high. Wine glasses and cheers rung through your ears with each toast.

In front, there laid a towering throne, upon a red carpet having seated upon by a man in his 80's. He had this aura around him that just screams 'royalty'.

Of course, that's a given. He's the king.

His majesty's cold eyes roamed the area.

Searching.

For his daughter, who's yet to be found.

The crowd's chattering pierces his ears disturbingly. And he was used to it.

Royals.

You despised being one. It's a mock to your existence. Way back then, just when you were being exposed in the world of status and politics. You thought it's just a matter of high economics and kingdom ruling. But you were wrong. It was more than that.

Having your family and kingdom threatened. You wanted to take the initiative to go and wipe those smug looks on those caked faces of queens and duchesses. Not to mention their husbands' abused power. Those corrupt rulers. How pitiful their people are.

However...

You are not one to speak.

Since your family doesn't differ much from the others and you know it for yourself.

Having finished hanging the other pair of your dangling earrings, you looked at the mirror in front of you.

You wore an elegant white dress revealing your pale, and skinny arms. Its silk subtly running down your skin which ends just below your knees. Its hem is decorated with gold glitters. Around your neck, hung a gold arched necklace which completes your whole look.

"Shit"

"Knew these earrings would rip my ears someday"

"I beg your pardon, but may I speak to the King?" a charming man with silver hair stood before the throne formally with a half-filled wineglass in hand.

"Why Duke Park? You have returned. And your hair. It's...sliver?"

"Yes I have, your majesty. And worry not, my hair won't interfere with ruling. And might I say, you've become quite a fine King, sire"

"I say, you've grown into a fine young man, Duke Park."

His majesty raised his glass calling the attention of every royal in the room.

"I express my gratitude to all who have attended this gala, however, I am afraid that my daughter's running a bit late. Setting that aside, here's a toast, in honor of the return of the Duke of Ecijia"

The crowd cheered acknowledging the return of Duke Park as princesses went and surrounded him, astonished by his dashing looks. Unknowingly dragging him away from the throne.

Duke Park had all the time in his hands to entertain but not to be smitten.

The large doors opened wide. Revealing your panting figure as you try and catch your breath as you hastily tried to get ready and fix your damaged ears. As soon as you were able to breathe steadily, you walked through the whispers and stares sending chills down to your spine as you made your way to your father.